Bolt on long arms, how does that work...

jorgelrod

Hooked
Most of my knowledge of long arms is about kits where arm brackets are relocated and soldered since they are longer than stock so when I started reading about bolt in long arm kits I got a bit confused, are these just longer control arms that go on the stock brackets or are these arms that will go on relocated brackets, just that they are bolted on to the frame instead of soldered...

Do these have any benefits?

jesse3638

Hooked
Most of my knowledge of long arms is about kits where arm brackets are relocated and soldered since they are longer than stock so when I started reading about bolt in long arm kits I got a bit confused, are these just longer control arms that go on the stock brackets or are these arms that will go on relocated brackets, just that they are bolted on to the frame instead of soldered...

Do these have any benefits?

You are correct in that the brackets will have to be relocated. The term "Bolt on" refers to the brackets are relocated and bolted to the frame rather than welded. I'm currently running Full Traction's 3" Bolt on Long Arm lift.

jorgelrod

Hooked
You are correct in that the brackets will have to be relocated. The term "Bolt on" refers to the brackets are relocated and bolted to the frame rather than welded. I'm currently running Full Traction's 3" Bolt on Long Arm lift.

Thanks, I was 99% sure it was that but wanted to be clear on the matter

Top Bottom