ATX and flat fenders

Guascone

I would like the ATX wheels but here in Italy the fenders must cover completly the tires...which kind of flat fenders you suggest me?

Thanks!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Maybe one of the Austrailian guys can chime in. They have the same regulations to cover the tire fully.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maybe one of the Austrailian guys can chime in. They have the same regulations to cover the tire fully.

Same with some of the Canadian guys as well.

Op- there was one guy on Instagram, his name is hemicon_pizzaguy I believe?, anyway he sent his jeep to trail jeeps in Colorado and them did some crazy custom full width fenders for him. Maybe they will chime in

Last edited:

mds22

I would like the ATX wheels but here in Italy the fenders must cover completly the tires...which kind of flat fenders you suggest me?

Thanks!

I know a guy who just cut his factory fenders and failed inspection in Italy because they no longer lined up right with his bumper. Very strict road rules there. Plus if there is a wreck, insurance will try not to cover anything if there are any mods at all to your vehicle. I have a home in Padova, but don't have a jeep over there because of that.

dunstan74

Not sure how much importing fenders would cost but alot of guys over here in aus run double black offroad fenders. They provide full coverage for my 35 inch nittos on 4.5 backspacing wheels, the backspacing on the slabs might be pushing it though.

Attachments

• 1442464062498.jpg
    1442464062498.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 210

mds22

Not sure how much importing fenders would cost but alot of guys over here in aus run double black offroad fenders. They provide full coverage for my 35 inch nittos on 4.5 backspacing wheels, the backspacing on the slabs might be pushing it though.

In Italy there can not be a gap between the bumper and fenders like in your pic. That's why the stock bumpers look the way they do over there.

dunstan74

That complicates it then because i think most after market fenders will leave a gap between the bumper. Maybe some custom flares like cozdude suggested is your best option.

Guascone

Thank you guys for support! In italy the street law are very strictly! I changed my bumper with a new one aftermarket. After that I have omologated the veicle with the new component.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442470006.545633.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442470039.892019.jpg

For the fender you are right, they should be aligned with the bumper but the police is a little bit permissive if they cover the tires and they are aligned with the bumper as the bushwacker flat profile

Last edited:

Guascone

Thanks a lot, I like it!
I have to contact them to understand if they sell their product also here in Italy...
I was thinking also to make the fender hommade with some nylon or fiberglass

Last edited:
If your looking for a little more space between your fenders and tire. There was a thread yesterday about chopping fenders and somewhere in that thread there was a pic of someone who chopped there fenders but left the part with the signal lights still there .. that may be what your looking to do.

at work right now and don't have time to look up thread. Boss is already looking for me.

If your looking for a little more space between your fenders and tire. There was a thread yesterday about chopping fenders and somewhere in that thread there was a pic of someone who chopped there fenders but left the part with the signal lights still there .. that may be what your looking to do.

at work right now and don't have time to look up thread. Boss is already looking for me.

like this?

IMG-20111226-00052.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Bushwacker pocker flares may cover the tires, but not sure with a slab with the lower backspacing you may have issues. Did you think about the chamber pro? I think those have 4" bs which would tuck them in a little more and you still get an amazingly strong beadlock just like the slab :thumb:

Guascone

I prefer the chamber pro...I always confuse the backspace and the offset...the rubicon standard wheels are 44 mm as offset. Which is the chamber pro offset?

I prefer the chamber pro...I always confuse the backspace and the offset...the rubicon standard wheels are 44 mm as offset. Which is the chamber pro offset?

Backspace is consistent across wheel widths, offset isn't. You have to take into account the wheel width with offset. (See below)

backspacing-chart2.gif

Guascone

I live in Turin. Do you know it? It is under the Alpes in the north west.
Turin is known in the word for FIAT ( now FCA) and for winter olympic games of 2006

mds22

I live in Turin. Do you know it? It is under the Alpes in the north west.
Turin is known in the word for FIAT ( now FCA) and for winter olympic games of 2006

Of course I know Torino, I played basketball in Biella back in 2010, and lived in Milano for many years

Top Bottom