Rock Krawler 5.5 X Factor Stretch system

SevenSlotSpartan

Hey fellas so I really want to see my 2 door get stretched one of these days so I've been researching some different ways on how to make that happen. I recently stumbled across this and was curious as to if any of you guys have any experience with this stretch system or know of anyone who has. Any input about stretches in general is definitely appreciated as I am kinda new to owning and building jeeps!

Thanks fellers!

P.S. Here's a link if you're curious about the system:

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RKJKCOMP55

jkwebbie

I have a 2 door also and plan on stretching it in a few years, but I wouldn't go with Rock Krawler. From what I've seen it only pushes the axle back like 3" which isn't even worth it. Go with the Genright or Synergy. They move the axle back 6-10" which is way better. I plan on going with the Synergy stretch

SevenSlotSpartan

I have a 2 door also and plan on stretching it in a few years, but I wouldn't go with Rock Krawler. From what I've seen it only pushes the axle back like 3" which isn't even worth it. Go with the Genright or Synergy. They move the axle back 6-10" which is way better. I plan on going with the Synergy stretch

Yeah jkwebbie I've seen their generic stretches that your talking about and yes you're right the 3-4" of stretch is not worth the money but the one in the link is a newer one I think and it pushes the axel back 8". Now considering the general lack of information on this system I'm worried that's it's either not worth the money or its new and no one is running it yet.

SevenSlotSpartan

Also I forgot to mention that I haven't looked into synergy at all and the GenRight set up is also on my list. How does the synergy stretch work?

SevenSlotSpartan

Just took a look at synergy's website and some Google images. This one is definitely on my radar. Gosh and I thought I had it all narrowed down now you've gone and given me another option! Back to the drawing board I guess

jkwebbie

Yeah jkwebbie I've seen their generic stretches that your talking about and yes you're right the 3-4" of stretch is not worth the money but the one in the link is a newer one I think and it pushes the axel back 8". Now considering the general lack of information on this system I'm worried that's it's either not worth the money or its new and no one is running it yet.

Yea I don't know of anyone running a Rock Krawler stretch kit, I've only heard of the 3" one and no one buys it because its not worth the work lol

Also I forgot to mention that I haven't looked into synergy at all and the GenRight set up is also on my list. How does the synergy stretch work?

Here's a link to the Synergy kit, its just the rear set up, its not an entire lift kit like the Rock Krawler one and it's pretty reasonably priced too. Plus I've seen a few guys running this kit.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Suspension-Jeep-JK-2-Door-Rear-Stretch-Kit-p-29317.html

SevenSlotSpartan

Yea I don't know of anyone running a Rock Krawler stretch kit, I've only heard of the 3" one and no one buys it because its not worth the work lol

Yeah the 3" basic stretch is pretty pointless if you ask me now that I've been looking around at other options. But thanks for the link and yes you're totally right! Synergy's kit is very basic but it does what it needs to do and gets that rear axel back and for a fraction of the cost of that RK kit I was talking about

djegolfpro

I just ordered my Rock Krawler 6 inch stretch. It's the newest kits that they offer. I was speaking to Rock Krawler at Jeep Beach this past year and they told me wait a couple of months and get in contact with us we have new stretch kits for the JK's. You have the normal 3inch stretch, and now 6-8. Call Rock Krawler and they will help you get what your looking for. I will be installing my stretch in the next month or two because I'm also saving for genright fenders and corner guards.

SevenSlotSpartan

I just ordered my Rock Krawler 6 inch stretch. It's the newest kits that they offer. I was speaking to Rock Krawler at Jeep Beach this past year and they told me wait a couple of months and get in contact with us we have new stretch kits for the JK's. You have the normal 3inch stretch, and now 6-8. Call Rock Krawler and they will help you get what your looking for. I will be installing my stretch in the next month or two because I'm also saving for genright fenders and corner guards.

Nice man! Can't wait to see that! Make sure to post about the build definitely curious to see that particular stretch on someone's jeep from WAL

djegolfpro

Nice man! Can't wait to see that! Make sure to post about the build definitely curious to see that particular stretch on someone's jeep from WAL

Will do brotha. Excited to see how it gonna turn out too. Also my kit that I ordered is just a component upgrade since I already have a Rock Krawler 3.5 kit. I got a hell of a deal for my stretch. Since I'm saving up for guards and fenders, I'll will start the build after Jeeptoberfest next month here in Ocala, Florida. My JK is my DD so once the build starts I won't have it for a week or two, since I gotta send my drive shafts back to crawl and get them extended and all. I'll keep y'all on the loop once the parts arrive and all.

Last edited:

jkwebbie

Will do brotha. Excited to see how it gonna turn out too. Also my kit that I ordered is just a component upgrade since I already have a Rock Krawler 3.5 kit. I got a hell of a deal for my stretch. Since I'm saving up for guards and fenders, I'll will start the build after Jeeptoberfest next month here in Ocala, Florida. My JK is my DD so once the build starts I won't have it for a week or two, since I gotta send my drive shafts back to crawl and get them extended and all. I'll keep y'all on the loop once the parts arrive and all.

Hell yea man! Can't wait to see it!!!

djegolfpro

So after waiting a couple of months for my stretch to come in I decided to change the stretch from a 6inch to an 8inch. So after the long wait, it finally came in this week. Since I'm gonna save up for coilovers and get it done all in one shot, I won't be installing it for a another few months. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450020647.093748.jpg

Ap1128

strech

8" stretch puts at 102" and on a tj thats far! And will be plenty happy with it . Keep in mind you'll need a new driveshaft slip yoke and from what I've read drop the transfer case protective armor to make sure it's not hitting the driveshaft . Go to Rockcrawler they give me any examples and suggestions about it. Because I'm in the process of planning my own scratch using the Rockcrawler bars but I want to use the king long travel suspension in buckets cut into the frame . Good luck

Top Bottom