What size coilovers with 6 " lift 12"?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'm not understanding the question or seeing things right but, the Jeep in the pic you posted up isn't running coil overs. :idontknow:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
When you get coilovers you get rid of your springs and shocks. You can adjust the coilovers to whatever lift you want within the range that they will adjust.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think he's asking what size to run?

Ah, okay, that would make sense then - duh :crazyeyes:

That being the case, 6" is a lot of lift, more than I would prefer to run. You can definitely get there with 12" coil overs but that'll also depend on the kit you get. Some kits can only be set tall. We run EVO coil overs and they allow us to set ours nice and low. :yup:

When you get coilovers you get rid of your springs and shocks. You can adjust the coilovers to whatever lift you want within the range that they will adjust.

Yup, for the most part, what he said especially if you were to get an EVO coil over kit. Other kits are designed in such a way that you can only set them up with a high center of gravity and higher.

Metalmasher

Thanks for the reply and comments I have been out in the oil fields where I don't have any service for my phone or computer! I don't have coil over shocks at this point my question is what size are you guys running with 6" lift and 40" tires? The biggest reason I am asking is because I have been talking to some guys out of newmexico that run buggys and the run a larger coil over in the rear to help set the front end down? Any one running a set up like this in there jk.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply and comments I have been out in the oil fields where I don't have any service for my phone or computer! I don't have coil over shocks at this point my question is what size are you guys running with 6" lift and 40" tires? The biggest reason I am asking is because I have been talking to some guys out of newmexico that run buggys and the run a larger coil over in the rear to help set the front end down? Any one running a set up like this in there jk.

If anything, we run a shorter coil over in the rear (8") but, it is a part of a cantilever system so we still get 14" of vertical travel out of it. As mentioned, we run 12" up front. We have our coil overs set at about 4.5" of lift and run 40x15.50's with it and it works great for us. Don't know what your buggie friends are running but, the JK ain't no buggy :)

Metalmasher

wayoflife said:
If anything, we run a shorter coil over in the rear (8") but, it is a part of a cantilever system so we still get 14" of vertical travel out of it. As mentioned, we run 12" up front. We have our coil overs set at about 4.5" of lift and run 40x15.50's with it and it works great for us. Don't know what your buggie friends are running but, the JK ain't no buggy :)

I agree, jk ain't no buggy! This 4x4 thing moves so fast sometimes I can't keep up with it? I'm going to look into that cantilever system, you have the front and. Back set to 4.5" ? Also it looks like an anti rock system built into the cantilever system is that adjustable ?

Top Bottom