Body mounted tire carriers

JakeJK

Anyone with experience with the genright or PSC body mounted tire carriers can you post what you like or dislike about them? I'm trying to decide between the two of these

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the genright, loved it. Very solid, easy to install, never made a sound. Nice part is you can adjust the tire and anything from a 35"-42" tire. I had the steel version that came powdercoated and had no problems with rust.

I have seen the PS carrier in person, and I do like how it looks and mounts, but I dont trust the side latch plate as much as the genright one.

JakeJK

I had the genright, loved it. Very solid, easy to install, never made a sound. Nice part is you can adjust the tire and anything from a 35"-42" tire. I had the steel version that came powdercoated and had no problems with rust.

I have seen the PS carrier in person, and I do like how it looks and mounts, but I dont trust the side latch plate as much as the genright one.

I've seen a video on the PSC and I've seen the latch, how is the genright superior? Does it use like pins instead?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with hinrichs assessment of the GenRight tire carrier. It's a real solid design and one that works well. This is just my personal opinion but, even if the latch on the PSC tire carrier does work well, it still looks like ass.

JakeJK

Uses 2 bushings and 2 pins on the latch plate. Adjusted properly, very easy to open and close.
Yeah that does seem like it would be better than the PSC
I have to agree with hinrichs assessment of the GenRight tire carrier. It's a real solid design and one that works well. This is just my personal opinion but, even if the latch on the PSC tire carrier does work well, it still looks like ass.

You don't like the look of the whole carrier or just the way the latch looks?

BCjku

I have had this carrier for a little over two months, it's been on three off-road trips and two long road trips. I really like it. It was a bit of a pain to install but it works great. And it's quiet. I too was a little skeptical of the latch, but so far it works as advertised..

Top Bottom