In Need of a New Hood After Unfortunate Events

tonytony9

Well, I woke up to a text message from my Mom today saying that a branch and fallen on the hood of my jk :tearsdrip: . Not what you want to hear when all you can think about at college is working on your car.

It is nothing major, it was a small branch so only the hood is damaged. I do not know the full extent, but she said something about some scratches and dents. Now, I have always wanted a different hood. I have a 2008 JKU X and the stock hood just doesn't do it for me anymore. I have always wanted something a little more aggressive looking. So, depending on how much a repair would be and what the insurance company says, I may be in the market for a new hood!

I don't want to spend a fortune, but if I get reimbursed by the insurance company I have no problem throwing some extra cash in for a new hood (I have too look into all of this still, but I just want to keep this thread all about types of hoods).

I'm looking for recommendations of new hoods, prices, and the best place to purchase it for. I am in no rush as I won't be home for awhile and my car is (was supposed to be) garage kept until I return. I am also willing to buy used hoods (just not the stock ones).

Btw my rig is black!

The Duraflex Power Dome seems cheap but have not read the best about it.

noroad

Jim has a hood for sale in PA(under for sale)! its white tho. also there are some hoods for sale in the boston/western mass area on craigslist if need I can bring it down on my way to rc in OCT.

tonytony9

Jim has a hood for sale in PA(under for sale)! its white tho. also there are some hoods for sale in the boston/western mass area on craigslist if need I can bring it down on my way to rc in OCT.

That would be great I will stay in contact. Thank you!

tonytony9

Could not find the post you were referring to.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I got my spare hood from rubitrux, they usually have takeoffs as well as the aev hoods in stock, shipping was cheap.

Coloradan

I read this and thought you just needed to switch neighborhoods because of some sketchy neighbors or something haha

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I seen the anniversary jk hoods for $600 online the other day

^^^This^^^ It seems like the Moab/MW hoods are a lot more than the Anniversary/Hard Rock hoods. $600 is a solid price and I think they are one of the best looking non-stock hoods you can get.

Ddays

Hooked
I'd check out the site Hinrichs suggested - they have stock hoods listed at $299.00. No need to get painted unless they don't have your color. That's a pretty fair price. I just bookmarked them - thanks for the heads up!

JAGS

Hooked
I seen the anniversary jk hoods for $600 online the other day

That's unfinished or primed for paint? I dig the anniversary hoods. [emoji106]

But honestly, I have a ton of other shit I should be spending on.... or spending to get installed. [emoji6]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's unfinished or primed for paint? I dig the anniversary hoods. [emoji106]

But honestly, I have a ton of other shit I should be spending on.... or spending to get installed. [emoji6]

Unfinished.

mds22

^^^This^^^ It seems like the Moab/MW hoods are a lot more than the Anniversary/Hard Rock hoods. $600 is a solid price and I think they are one of the best looking non-stock hoods you can get.

I agree, love this hood. I had a similar thing happen to my hood, found one on eBay color matched for $200. I wanted to upgrade to the mopar power dome but they were on back order nation wide.

Top Bottom