Can You Believe this BS from Forbes??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Jeep JK Wrangler has been having record sales month after month and had just made the top 5 list of vehicles which retained the best resale value and now, Forbes is saying it met their list of 11 vehicles to avoid. Clearly, they don't have a clue...

Jeep Wrangler
front-splash.jpg
This brash SUV can trace its lineage to the original Jeeps from WWII, and it remains among the most off-road capable models on the market. While the Wrangler has received steady improvements over the years to help make it more civilized, even adding four-door Unlimited models to help broaden its appeal, it remains inferior to virtually all other vehicles in terms of sophistication, accommodations and on-road performance. According to Consumer Reports, “the ride rocks and jiggles constantly, and handling is very clumsy…wind noise becomes very loud at highway speeds…getting in and out is an awkward act…the interior is uncomfortable.” What’s more, the Wrangler performed “marginally” in side- and rear-crash performance in IIHS testing and received poor ratings for initial quality and reliability from J.D. Power...

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/11-new-cars-to-avoid-202514797.html

:naw:

RockyJk

Umm its a jeep not a Cadillac! Lol everything they put as downfalls is what i like about my jk haha

Indefatigable

Look at the magazine and its target market.

Their target market got the advice they needed. Avoid the Wrangler. The correct call.

Now if that advise was in Petersons, 4Wheeler, etc.... then yes, time to complain.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the magazine and its target market.

Their target market got the advice they needed. Avoid the Wrangler. The correct call.

Now if that advise was in Petersons, 4Wheeler, etc.... then yes, time to complain.

I don't know, I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Most of the people I know who own JK's are college graduates and white collar professionals, essentially, their target market. Most of these people had only dreamed of owning a Jeep up until the JK came out. Still, it's doesn't really make any difference being that it Jeeps are truly a way of life and in all fairness, not one that's intended for everyone. If a magazine article could actually persuade you to not buy one, you were never meant for it anyway. :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree with the bumpy ride but I bought a jeep not a caddy like stated. The wind noise is not that bad and with a hardtop I can't imagine there is any. As far as getting n and the uncomfortable interior, I disagree. It's easy to get in and the interior is pretty comfy I think.

mjhau02

I don't know, I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Most of the people I know who own JK's are college graduates and white collar professionals, essentially, their target market. Most of these people had only dreamed of owning a Jeep up until the JK came out. Still, it's doesn't really make any difference being that it Jeeps are truly a way of life and in all fairness, not one that's intended for everyone. If a magazine article could actually persuade you to not buy one, you were never meant for it anyway. :cool:

I completely agree with WOL. I love the ride quality as there is no other like it. I knew there was a reason I have never read Forbes...and I am not going to start. HAIL TO THE JEEP!:bowdown:

kaptkrappy

"This brash SUV can trace its lineage to the original Jeeps from WWII, and it remains among the most off-road capable models on the market. While the Wrangler has received steady improvements over the years to help make it more civilized, even adding four-door Unlimited models to help broaden its appeal, it remains inferior to virtually all other vehicles in terms of sophistication, accommodations and on-road performance. According to Consumer Reports, “the ride rocks and jiggles constantly, and handling is very clumsy…wind noise becomes very loud at highway speeds…getting in and out is an awkward act…the interior is uncomfortable.” What’s more, the Wrangler performed “marginally” in side- and rear-crash performance in IIHS testing and received poor ratings for initial quality and reliability from J.D. Power..."

I do not understand how a writer can put words on paper and not realize he just contradicted himself.

The most comfortable riding sophisticated vehicle on the road can not climb rocks, have the ability to go through 18 + inches of water (in stock form), or manage any of the other obstacles that make it one of the most capable off-road vehicles on the market. Everything is a trade off for something.

I have had many different types of vehicles over the years, both luxury and off-road capable, some were older model Jeeps. This is the most fun, capable, comfortable, and convenient (power windows, power heated mirrors, U-connect, etc.) of the modern vehicles I have owned.

I know we (JK owners) take this as a personal attack, but the author is wrong in his assessment..

Hell_Fire

Yet sales are through the roof, I had sports cars, luxury cars before and I would trade them again anytime for my JK Best vehicle by far, plus I drive over little luxury and sports cars they keep getting stuck in my fender flairs. Jeep 4 Eva!!!

Prime8

That's fine. The people that would be turned off by this article are the ones that would get a budget lift, 20" Rockstars, and all the chrome accessories they could find. So good riddance! As a side note, anyone else cringe at the Chrome accessories they make for JK's?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
the must have tested the Rubicon model because its the top of the line. They should have stuck them in a Sahara hardtop.

Windnoise? They have never rode in an old CJ or YJ.

The JK is silent!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
This is the differentness between daily drivers (why buy a Jeep :thinking:) and EXPLORERS!!!:driving:

Indefatigable

Look at the rest of the vehicles on the list.

Suzuki motors USA, out of business.

The other Chrysler vehicles - they are bad.

Nissan? The Xterra is probably the best "wheeler" of the IFS ute type over the last decade since the 4Runner went LC wagon size. The Versa, yep old style needs update, but the ones with 50k miles on them seem to drive as solid as a new one. Bland, but decent. Would not want to be in any cheap small car in an accident...

Forbes being what they are, the article could have been "Top 10 Luxury cars to avoid". But then again, who advertises in Forbes ? Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Devallee

Prime8 said:
That's fine. The people that would be turned off by this article are the ones that would get a budget lift, 20" Rockstars, and all the chrome accessories they could find. So good riddance! As a side note, anyone else cringe at the Chrome accessories they make for JK's?

Haha I couldn't even stand the silver jeep emblem and had to paint it black!

RGolie13

I didn't read everyone's reply.

That being said I am glad they wrote the report. When I meet another jeeper, I have an idea of the person and their views. We are our own bread. Do any of you want to go camping with a jeep club and have a winning guy there talking about his electric car?

I say thanks Forbes.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I bought mine as a daily driver and to boot it's manual 6 speed. That's just the way I like it. I can go where I want and I'm not limited by most surface conditions like a car. It's very comfortable to me and I enjoy taking it on long trips. I am not a Forbes guy... :thinking: :rock:

After having the Jeep for a year I now feel really limited when I am driving a car!

Top Bottom