Rancho - Differential Glide Plate

Gui

Hello guys. How are you doing?

First of all, if this is not the right place, please, feel free to move it.

Some of you know that I have a stock 2013 Rubicon with 285/70R17 tires. So far I do not have enough money to spend in a lift because I will need to pay to someone to install, which is little expensive for me right now. So I was thinking in some other upgrades and this is one of the upgrades I am thinking to do. Install the Rancho differential glide plates on both differential.

I would like to know if someone has, or know something about it, and if worth or not? Or should I do something else? (Just to you all know, I am planning to cut the fenders and front bumper too)

Here is the link so you can know something more about it:
http://www.gorancho.com/products/ro...ferential-glide-plate-dana-44-red-rs6212.html

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If you drive smart you really don't need that. It will cost you a little ground clearance too looking at it. Just know where your diff is and dont ram it into rocks :)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If you have access to a floor jack and Jack stands along with basic hand tools you can install your own lift. Find someone in your area that's a jeeper, I'm sure they'd help out.

Gui

I didn't thought about ground clearance. Good point.

The problem is that I live in an apartment, which makes things little bit complicated. But I will try to find someone.

Thanks.

jeffd

they actually sit up very tight and you loose 3/16" of an inch is all. I agree pick good lines but sometimes that does not happen. Stock diff cover is actually pretty tough but I have seen them get the lip peeled away enough to start leaking. I have it and it has served me well in Moab, Colorado and on the Rubicon trail. I wheel about weekly so far so good.

Gui

they actually sit up very tight and you loose 3/16" of an inch is all. I agree pick good lines but sometimes that does not happen. Stock diff cover is actually pretty tough but I have seen them get the lip peeled away enough to start leaking. I have it and it has served me well in Moab, Colorado and on the Rubicon trail. I wheel about weekly so far so good.

It doesn't seem too much lost.
But I don't know, I maybe get them. Since so far is my daily and only ride, I am always a little concerned about to hit the differential and cannot use the Jeep next day. I know that some other things can happen too, but so far, I think the easiest one to happen is hit the differential.

Thanks.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
They work, that's for sure. :)

DSC02542_zpsxqnunlof.jpg

Notice the red paint on the rock :)

DSC02543_zpsbiopvapc.jpg

Good luck in your decision.

Pyro1415

Considering your build and budget you don't seem much like a rock guy, more like a trail guy like myself. I'd save your money, if you want more diff protection buy stronger covers but I've smacked the stock ones pretty hard and they held up fine. My front has a PSC cover on it which hit a rock hard enough to break the rock (at about 20 mph) and I just needed to use some touch up paint. Drive smart, pick a good line avoid using them as a battering ram and you'll be fine. Suspension lifts are pretty easy to install and with the hundreds of jeep clubs/ Facebook groups I'm sure someone is in your area. I did mine with no experience in about 4 hours on the ground with a jack and 2 stands, you could do it in a parking lot.

dyn0mitemat

I helped a buddy do a 2.5" lift on his 2door jk in his gravel driveway with a normal jack and two stands, only took an afternoon.

If you're going to spend money on those I'd just buy a good set of diff covers and call it good

Top Bottom