NorCal wheeling this weekend?

Bamtool

Anyone going out this weekend? Looking for some fun times, wheeling? I'm in San Jose, Ca and willing to travel two to three hours for a day or possibly overnighter. Just a thought... Weekend is free.:eek:

K.D.C.H

Anyone going out this weekend? Looking for some fun times, wheeling? I'm in San Jose, Ca and willing to travel two to three hours for a day or possibly overnighter. Just a thought... Weekend is free.:eek:

Not free this weekend but what kind of wheeling are you looking to do?

Most of us NorCal are getting ready for the rubicon in two weeks :yup:

Not all of us :(

Bamtool

Down for what ever my jeep can do, and carry me home. I don't mind some easy trails but getting down and dirty doesn't bother me either. What do you have in mind. Or where's a better place to go then Holiister hills, locally.

spinuck

is there a list on what's required for the a Rubicon trip... Rig wise?

Copied from the upcoming Rubicon run. This seems to be the preferred equipment for a rubicon run.
What ya need:

• Camping Gear
  • Food and Water for your entire group for the entire trip
  • Proper Clothing for weather
  • Something to keep your trash in. You Haul it in, You Haul it out.
  • Firewood - if allowed
  • $15 cash for camping in Rubicon Springs. Typically they close Oct 1st but be prepared

Requirements:

• 4-Doors 35"+ Tires
  • 2-Doors 33"+ Tires
  • Rear Locker
  • Tow Points Front / Rear
  • Rocker Guards
  • Recovery Gear
  • Full Size Spare
  • CB Radio
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Spill Kit

Recommendations:

• 4-Doors 37"+ Tires
  • 2-Doors 35"+ Tires
  • Front Locker
  • Winch

K.D.C.H

Down for what ever my jeep can do, and carry me home. I don't mind some easy trails but getting down and dirty doesn't bother me either. What do you have in mind. Or where's a better place to go then Holiister hills, locally.

Well stay tuned for more upcoming NorCal runs. We try to get out as much as we can to the trails. I've been talking with a few of them and we may have something coming up soon.

I feel you on the not all of us, never did the rubicon before.

It's a really fun trail, sad I have to work that weekend. Trusts me, I'd rather be hanging out with my NorCal Jeeping family any day.

spinuck

I know a couple people were talking about running through Fordyce and out committee, anyone up for that on Sat 10/17?

07JKSahara

I know a couple people were talking about running through Fordyce and out committee, anyone up for that on Sat 10/17?

We were. There might be something else for that weekend. Does Fordyce close for weather? Or how late can we run it?

I do want to do Fordyce to committee.

spinuck

It's open year round, obviously you'd have to contend with weather though. Last year on a snow run we got up there and there was about a 50 yard section that was a sheet of ice. Some Toyotas were trying to go up it, the had to winch themselves little by little up the ice.

20150110_115709.jpg

Top Bottom