Help. Loss of clutch.

toxicwaste29

I parked my jeep last night. All was fine. Go to get in it today and it has 3/4 play and only 1/4 of engagement. I check my master cylinder and the rear portion is empty. I crawl under the jeep and notice this. It mostly seems to be coming from the vent slit around the Bell housing with only slight residue around the slave cylinder. What does this mean? Thanks all.

Attachments

• 1442612078283.jpg
    1442612078283.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 1442612086962.jpg
    1442612086962.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 86

pedroj14

It appears to be the slave cylinder. $140 Mopar part. Easy to replace and bleed. Keep an eye on the brake fluid level since the brake and clutch share the same fluid.

toxicwaste29

It appears to be the slave cylinder. $140 Mopar part. Easy to replace and bleed. Keep an eye on the brake fluid level since the brake and clutch share the same fluid.

That's what I was thinking but would that cause most of the fluid to accumulate near the vent and not near the slave cylinder itself

Lance628

The seal on arm goes whichis on the inside so it leaks inside not on the outside I just had this issue myself bleeding it is a pain to you will probaly have to bleed it a few times

toxicwaste29

I was able to get home by filling my reservoir back up and bleeding the old cylinder. Now I'll have to get a new one. Bleeding I found worked best by putting a 12mm wrench on the bleeder to turn it rather than using your hand or pliers. I only have 47k miles on my jeep, what caused it to wear so quick?

Lance628

That seal inside is a poor design when I changed mine I had one in two weeks and it failed and I had to replace it again

Top Bottom