Traction control light issues

mackey

So my traction control came on while driving out of a parking lot. My steering wheel is centered and I haven't been off roading in 2 months. Unfortunately I've been recovering from hip surgery and have barely driven.

I used my flashcal to reset the codes but the traction control light keeps coming back on. Some people have talked about a clock spring or wheel speed sensor. I'm still under warranty. Is there a way for me to check these things before going to the dealership. The dealership has already tried to screw with me blaming my AC not working due to all my aftermarket parts. After arguing with the service manager and asking him to show me what aftermarket part caused my AC to malfunction he couldn't and then waived the fee.

Will my lift or aftermarket parts cause the traction control to go on. I have a 2013 sport. I've put on over 6,000 miles since doing my lift and never had the light come on. Any suggestions. Thank you.

07JKSahara

Only the traction control light. Nothing else. I will be ready for Moab. :)

Hmm... I have both right now, it's a speed sensor. I know it's not super advanced, but I heard disconnecting the battery for 30 min might be all it needs. Heck, it's free to try.

Wizard

Check all tyre pressures are the same. It's a simple thing, but something which can cause this problem.

mackey

Will Autozone or a similar place be able to read the traction control light code and be able to determine if it is a wheel speed sensor or why the light is coming on?

Hmm... I have both right now, it's a speed sensor. I know it's not super advanced, but I heard disconnecting the battery for 30 min might be all it needs. Heck, it's free to try.

I've used canned air to clean the sensors out. Sometimes they just get crap in them.

mo0s3

I have the same issues, I'm gonna take mine to the dealer this week . I'll let you know what the outcome is. I have 35's, 2 1/2 inch lift I did however trash my stabilizer in John Bull

mackey

Well today the traction control light just turned off for some apparent reason. Curious if this is going to be a on then off again issue

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Spoke too soon. It just came on again

My jeep is doing the same thing it seem to happen once I hit a big bump or dirt road. My engine light comes on first before the trac light. My engine light is P0349 cam positioner sensor. I pushed in on the connector and light went out for a while then hit big bumps and both lights keep coming on! Frustrating!!!! I think my trac light is because my steering wheel is not 100% centered and I never did it after I lifted my jeep so I am starting there for that issue by doing home front alignment then going from there.

WJCO

Meme King
With it being that intermittent, I fixed mine by going to the carwash and pressure washing the inside of both front wheels. Sometimes debris builds up between the sensor and reluctor wheel. Not saying for sure that's what it is, but it is a common Jeep issue.

mackey

With it being that intermittent, I fixed mine by going to the carwash and pressure washing the inside of both front wheels. Sometimes debris builds up between the sensor and reluctor wheel. Not saying for sure that's what it is, but it is a common Jeep issue.

Gonna try this tomorrow. Thank you.

mackey

So the light came back on. I had the dealership read the code. They said per the code, the tires turned more or sharper than they were suppose to and that activated the code. They said everything else is fine and it only shows it happened once. The reset it and sent me on my way. Right before I get home, the traction light came on again. And I was driving straight. Fun fun fun.

WJCO

Meme King
I wonder how they came to that diagnosis? I could see that causing the light, but not sure how they would know. :thinking:

If indeed that is accurate, I wonder if when it happened, there was an intermittent open circuit from stretching the wire or something. Did they at least tell you what the code or code description was?

mackey

I wonder how they came to that diagnosis? I could see that causing the light, but not sure how they would know. :thinking:

If indeed that is accurate, I wonder if when it happened, there was an intermittent open circuit from stretching the wire or something. Did they at least tell you what the code or code description was?

I am going to take it back in. They did not provide me with any paperwork. Basically said it was caused from oversteering. They said all the wheel speed sensors were fine. The light originally came on while I was driving straight. When I start my jeep the light is off. It comes on after driving for about 1/2 mile. Something isn't right. And of course the dealership said the aftermarket axles causes the "over steering".

07JKSahara

I am going to take it back in. They did not provide me with any paperwork. Basically said it was caused from oversteering. They said all the wheel speed sensors were fine. The light originally came on while I was driving straight. When I start my jeep the light is off. It comes on after driving for about 1/2 mile. Something isn't right. And of course the dealership said the aftermarket axles causes the "over steering".

I've never heard "Prorock 60" and "oversteering" used together. ;) Seriously, are they kidding? :idontknow:

Hope it all gets resolved easily and timely. Do the brakes do the little traction control jittery thing, or just your lights?

mackey

I've never heard "Prorock 60" and "oversteering" used together. ;) Seriously, are they kidding? :idontknow:

Hope it all gets resolved easily and timely. Do the brakes do the little traction control jittery thing, or just your lights?

The brakes have kicked in and done the jittery thing. That's the part that bugs me. I want to research how to permanently disable the traction control light. I've heard of people doing this.

Top Bottom