stock sway bar with Evo rear double throwdown.

jeeper52

LOSER
Hi guys i have a question for those of you running the stock swaybar with the Evo rear double throwdown. Where are your tabs mounted for the sway bar links on the axle? Everywhere i look to mount the tabs it looks like either there is no room or the sway bar will come in contact with the break lines. Also do you use the stock links? If the sway bar is level at ride height the links seem to hang to low leaving no where to mount the tabs. Ive done a google search but i cant tell by the pics online. If you could post a pic of yours that would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1442766255721.jpg
    1442766255721.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 1442766370450.jpg
    1442766370450.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 217

dchew

Caught the Bug
This is a very timely question as I am dealing with this today. Jeeper52, I know that keeping the swaybar horizontal at ride hight is the common convention in the front, but I'm not sure it really matters all that much in the rear. Note that Ribicrawl's is nowhere near horizontal. Especially since you don't want them to spin around before the limit straps get tight.

My links are long gone from my original bolt-on CO install so I need new links regardless and I'm trying to figure out how long to get them. What I plan to do is once everything else is done, lift up the jeep and let the limit straps go tight. Position the swaybar where I want it, maybe 30 degrees from vertical or something. Then measure the distance between the swaybar and the mounting tab. I think that is your best option to get at a length.

What brake kit is that? Your's is different and it looks like the banjo connection forces your line to come up then horizontal-in vs. stock like mine and Ribicrawl's that go back then up. Not sure if that will be a problem or not. I'm in the process of installing Dynatrac's brake kit so I've got to figure all that out too...

Dave

What brake kit is that? Your's is different and it looks like the banjo connection forces your line to come up then horizontal-in vs. stock like mine and Ribicrawl's that go back then up. Not sure if that will be a problem or not. I'm in the process of installing Dynatrac's brake kit so I've got to figure all that out too...

Dave

I can't speak for setting up this suspension but I can make comment here.... The OP appears to be using a stock type brake line that is intended for a single piston lower inboard hole caliper (like the stock one). The problem is they have a dual piston caliper. They really should have a custom line made that has no steel lead-in or a straight one for their caliper.

The Dynatrac set-up is different. and the stock arrangement is used. You should be okay.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
[SUP]Looks like the Ram 3500 brakes that come on the Mopar/Spicer Ultimate Dana 60 rear axle. A custom brake line would be more ideal, because of the bend coming out of the banjo fitting on the factory style lines. But your sway bar really has no need to be down that low. I adjust my sway bar links with the suspension at full droop, that way I know that my sway bar is not limiting my droop, or able to be bent around the wrong way. Doing this, will cause your sway bar to be pointing at an upward angle when your Jeep is sitting on the ground. With that upward angle, those brake lines should not be an issue, as long as they still clear the Evo Lever sub frame.

FYI the best sway bar links to use with the Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspensions, front or rear, is the sway bar links that Offroad Evolution offers with the kit on their web page. They are the ones pictured in Rubicrawl's post above. I would not even attempt to use the stock ones. Offroad Evolution also offers a set of brake lines that are the best to use with the DTD suspension.

I stole this pic from Greg/GCM2 showing the ideal setup.

Note the banjo fitting on the brake lines and the angle of the sway bar while the Jeep is on the ground. These brake lines on Greg's Jeep would be perfect.

[/SUP]

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had to get custom lines made that were straight for my UD60'S. It made things work a lot better.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. Highoctane, that photo of EVOJEEP is perfect. Thank you; missed that one.

Dave

Top Bottom