New 2013 JKU rubicon

mrmet1983

hi guys im new to the forum but ive been a jeeper for years i have a 09 wrangler with 4" suspension lift and im getting a new 2013 jku in a few months my main question is what kind of 6" long arm kits do you guys like the best im going to be doing this as soon as i get the new jk and just curious what your thoughts are on the best 6' long arm lift this is going to be my everyday driver and i plan on taking it to moab and trails like that so i want to go big this time around i plan on doing driveshafts also so just curious what you guys have to say

chris
long island ny

MTG

Caught the Bug
You will not find many running 6" lifts on their JKs as its not needed to clear bigger tires. That said, I have only seen the full traction 6" lift in person and wheeled with the owner. He is very happy with it. I think there is a thread on here for 6" lifts.

JE Real Driveshafts.

Skid_Kid

I have a 2013 JKUR. I have been reading and reading about what to do and what not to with my rig. The other forum members here and on JK-Forum know what they are talking about. If you have the money do it right the first time. I have chosen to go with a long arm coil over set up once I have the funds. That way I will have plenty of flex, stability and ride comfort both off and on road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hi guys im new to the forum but ive been a jeeper for years i have a 09 wrangler with 4" suspension lift and im getting a new 2013 jku in a few months my main question is what kind of 6" long arm kits do you guys like the best im going to be doing this as soon as i get the new jk and just curious what your thoughts are on the best 6' long arm lift this is going to be my everyday driver and i plan on taking it to moab and trails like that so i want to go big this time around i plan on doing driveshafts also so just curious what you guys have to say

chris
long island ny

First off, welcome to WAYALIFE!! :standing wave:

Regarding your question, is there a reason why you want to go so tall? As mentioned, 6" is a lot of lift and one that will throw your center of gravity way off. We're running 40" tires on our big white Jeep and only run about 4.5". Sure, we've had to do some trimming to make it work but, the lower you can go the better. That is, unless you're just looking for the old school nose bleed look which is fine too. It's just not something that's as practical on the trail. Having said that, a TeraFlex 4" lift will give you about 6" of actual lift. Their coils run stiff but then, there aren't too many ways to get you that high without making them that way short of running coil overs. As far as drive shafts go, I prefer to run JE Reel's as they are made well and come standard with made in the USA Neapco u-joints unlike the cheap Chinese joints that come standard with other popular brands.

mrmet1983

Well what I'm lookin to do is lift this baby once this is going to be my fantasy build I will finally have the money to do whatever I want to it and I want to get the best lift I can with the best clearance and articulation so that I will not be wishing I went bigger or better down the road. I will be driving this everyday too but I'm more concerned with off road capability I am not doing this for a great highway ride but at the same time don't want it to be awful on the road. From what I've seen it seems the 6" long arm kits are the way to go but that's why I'm here to get the opinions of fellow jeepers who have already been down this road with their jku's thanks guys

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well what I'm lookin to do is lift this baby once this is going to be my fantasy build I will finally have the money to do whatever I want to it and I want to get the best lift I can with the best clearance and articulation so that I will not be wishing I went bigger or better down the road.

A sky high Jeep won't necessarily give you "best" clearance. Big tires and big flex will and the best way to do that is to run coil overs.

I will be driving this everyday too but I'm more concerned with off road capability I am not doing this for a great highway ride but at the same time don't want it to be awful on the road.

With a tall standard coil lift, that's about the most you can hope for, off road capabilities that are pretty good and a ride that isn't awful on the road. Coil overs are expensive but, they'll give you OUTSTANDING off road capabilities and, if you add a set of long arms, on road manners to match.

From what I've seen it seems the 6" long arm kits are the way to go but that's why I'm here to get the opinions of fellow jeepers who have already been down this road with their jku's thanks guys

Long arms will help to correct your suspension geometry after installing a lift 4" or taller and you will see a significant improvement ON-PAVEMENT or when driving hard and fast in the desert. The only reason why you would need to lift as high as 6" is to clear 37" tires with full factory fenders but at that point, your center of gravity is off enough that your off road performance will be compromised. From my experience, trimming your fenders and trying to stay as low as you can and have the kind BIG flex that coil overs will provide is the way to go. But, that's just me :yup:

mrmet1983

Yea the more I read about the long arms the more I'm leaning towards them I see the full traction kit looks pretty good was thinking that some new driveshafts and new gears

mrmet1983

But than I might just go with a 4.5" long arm kit and ill be getting new flares so I can fit 37s what kits are you guys running what would u recommend for great clearance and articulation I want to only hve to lift it once so I'm looking for the best kit I can get

MTG

Caught the Bug
But than I might just go with a 4.5" long arm kit and ill be getting new flares so I can fit 37s what kits are you guys running what would u recommend for great clearance and articulation I want to only hve to lift it once so I'm looking for the best kit I can get

What's your budget?

Donny

I have been doing this research for the last month...my input is to go to the EVO Offroad website and then give them a call and tell them what your intentions are...They have been very helpful in steering me in the right direction. They take their time and don't come off as being annoyed by my questions that are born out of my ignorance.

They are going to earn my business come march.

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea the more I read about the long arms the more I'm leaning towards them I see the full traction kit looks pretty good was thinking that some new driveshafts and new gears

I've run the Full-Traction long arm kit and it is very nice. I would have to note that it, like a lot of other long arm kits, do come with bonded rubber bushings on the frame end. For a standard coil lift, this is fine and will actually have the benefit of not requiring any maintenace. Having said that, if you ever decide to run coil overs in the future, this will be a problem as the bonded rubber will break free of it's metal sleeves. At that point, you will want to have something like Johnny Joints installed in their place.

Well, you're talking to a guy that now runs EVO long arm kits on both of his Jeeps. On our big white one, we run it with an EVO Double Throwdown coil over system with EVO lever and, on our Dozer, we run their bolt-on coil over kit. We've run a lot of different lifts over the years and can tell you that there simply is no comparison. If you can afford it, it is the way to go. :yup:

Here's a little video of our Dozer JK being tested out on the Rubicon...

mrmet1983

Budget is not a problem I hve about 15000 saved to throw into the jku so money is no issue I just want the best Kit I can get I've got a lifted tj now it's time to upgrade to the jku rubicon so I want to get the best kit I can that will be best for Serious offroading and still hve good ride money is no problem just want the best kit so I'm not kicking myself in the ass a year from now

mrmet1983

I'm not looking to just clear 37s I want really good articulation and clearance I wudnt mind being able to run 40s too ;-)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Budget is not a problem I hve about 15000 saved to throw into the jku so money is no issue I just want the best Kit I can get I've got a lifted tj now it's time to upgrade to the jku rubicon so I want to get the best kit I can that will be best for Serious offroading and still hve good ride money is no problem just want the best kit so I'm not kicking myself in the ass a year from now

Well, you can easily have what we've got on our Dozer JK for that budget but, you'll be a bit short if you were to go Double Throwdown.

I'm not looking to just clear 37s I want really good articulation and clearance I wudnt mind being able to run 40s too ;-)

One of the things you'll need to take into consideration is axles. If you're really planning on playing hard with your Jeep, you should really consider budgetting for a set of Dynatrac ProRock 60's.

mrmet1983

I'm def considering axles but I just want to figure out my lift first , when I get the jk in a month or so I plan on lifting it right away I def plan on doing axles at some point just want to get lift figured out first , what kit do you guys think will be best for me

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm def considering axles but I just want to figure out my lift first , when I get the jk in a month or so I plan on lifting it right away I def plan on doing axles at some point just want to get lift figured out first , what kit do you guys think will be best for me

If you were planning on sticking with 37's, I would say that a Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited is all you will need up front. You can get by with your rear 44 for a while but, I would recommend saving up for a ProRock 60 there. If you want to get up into 40's, you'll want a ProRock 60 up front too.

mrmet1983

I'm going to go with 37s for a start and by the way that dozer jk looks sick !! I'm getting an orange crush jku what lift are you running on the dozer it looks just like how i want my jku to look

Top Bottom