JK frame question

rallison96

Okay so i was involved in an accident with my 2012 JK 2 door. i rear ended another car and it bent that piece of frame directly behind the bumper. I was wondering if anyone knows that part number or if i can even order a new one. its number 2 on the frame picture on the mopar website but i cannot find the part anywhere. Maybe im just not looking hard enough. Thanks for your help jeep frame.jpg

seanb123

Well it seams you're in luck, that's the crash bar and not needed piece and a lot of aftermarket bumpers require you to cut that off. So in simple you can cut it off and you'll be fine

JKHAULER

Why buy it, when most of us trash them anyways? Take a look In your area, I'm sure there's one rusting on a garage floor somewhere.

whispike

Well it seams you're in luck, that's the crash bar and not needed piece and a lot of aftermarket bumpers require you to cut that off. So in simple you can cut it off and you'll be fine

If it is not needed, then why do they even put it there in the first place? Does it serve any type of purpose?

rallison96

damn that was really fast!! thanks for your help!! i didnt know if it was important for that front frame or not. Ill probably just end up cutting it out hopefully i can get a nicer bumper soon

rallison96

i also bent the ends of the bar that are welded to the frame. i circled it in the picture attached. Can i just cut the whole crash bar at the frame or do i just cut the bar part out. are the parts welded to the frame important for anything? Picture062.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd think about cutting that crash bar, it could cause you liability issues depending on where you live.

It kept the other vehicle from going further under your Jeep, imagine the damage if that bar had not been there.

When I got t-boned I asked the adjuster about removing the bar, his reply was it's welded on and therefore makes it integral to the frame. if I cut it off and it was found to cause the accident to be worse because it was removed they would not cover it and I would open myself up for liability.

he may just have been over-cautious but still something to think about before you proceed.

if it's a trail rig only then cut away :thumb:

Top Bottom