Axle seal leaking

JK2DR

Was taking a look at the jeep today and noticed my passenger side axle seal leaking. Already called the dealer and they said to bring it down and they will replace it under warranty, but I was planning on welding up my c gussetts and control arm skids this weekend.
Does it matter if I weld them after the new seals? Or will the heat damage the new seals?

utiadam

LOSER
I would honestly wait until after they do the warranty work. They may decline it if you have that stuff. The seals are far enough away from the C and the lower control arms that you really don't have to worry about damaging them from the heat.

JK2DR

I would honestly wait until after they do the warranty work. They may decline it if you have that stuff. The seals are far enough away from the C and the lower control arms that you really don't have to worry about damaging them from the heat.

thats what i was thinking at first, but didnt want to ruin the new seals with the heat!

jeffd

I just had my 2014 rubicons replaced. 34000 miles and both sides started leaking within 500 miles of each other so hopefully your dealer will replace both at the same time.

JK2DR

I just had my 2014 rubicons replaced. 34000 miles and both sides started leaking within 500 miles of each other so hopefully your dealer will replace both at the same time.

im taking it in later this week so we will see. its only got 12,000 miles right now

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed, no use giving them a reason to deny the warranty, regardless if your welding really affects it or not.

Top Bottom