Grille panting

jkwebbie

So I got a new grille for my Jeep a fee months back, its black and my Jeep is Gecko Green. I decided to just plastidip black to help protect it from fading. But now I want it back to Gecko. So my question is, what do I need to do and get to get it back to stock color? How hard is it to paint plastic? (Grille is plastic) Or should I get a pro to do it instead?
Thanks for any help guys!

JakeJK

So I got a new grille for my Jeep a fee months back, its black and my Jeep is Gecko Green. I decided to just plastidip black to help protect it from fading. But now I want it back to Gecko. So my question is, what do I need to do and get to get it back to stock color? How hard is it to paint plastic? (Grille is plastic) Or should I get a pro to do it instead?

One of the members on here used touch up direct to color match his Sahara inserts on his bumpers I'd imagine you could do the same for the grill

bkac

Caught the Bug
I sanded and painted my color matched fenders with a can of color matched paint. After it dried I hit it with clear coat. Turned out good. Prep work is what makes it good or not. Pretty easy to paint. It can be done if you take your time.

David1tontj

Are you saying its gecko green underneath the plasti-dip? You know you can just peel that plasti-dip right off right?

jkwebbie

I sanded and painted my color matched fenders with a can of color matched paint. After it dried I hit it with clear coat. Turned out good. Prep work is what makes it good or not. Pretty easy to paint. It can be done if you take your time.

Ok thanks man!!!! How long did it take you?

toxicwaste29

Duplicolor has color match paint that comes in a spray can. You could get that and spray it yourself if it also works on plastic

Top Bottom