What heavy duty clutches is your JK running?

sweno

I've just done my second clutch in just over a year. I hardcore trip with lots of deep mud over the last week cooked the last throw out bearing and clutch. What's every body running ?

Lance628

I run the centerforce 2 I like it a lot but I gotta say the secret to it being so good it upgrading to the centerforce flywheel it's 50 pounds where the stock is only 30 pounds it makes a huge difference

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've just done my second clutch in just over a year. I hardcore trip with lots of deep mud over the last week cooked the last throw out bearing and clutch. What's every body running ?

Really?? I suppose I'm just a mall crawler but I was able to get over 100,000 miles out of my factory clutch and only replaced it because I got a new motor and transmission with it. If I still had a manual, I personally would still be running a factory clutch but, that's just me.

noroad

Really?? I suppose I'm just a mall crawler but I was able to get over 100,000 miles out of my factory clutch and only replaced it because I got a new motor and transmission with it. If I still had a manual, I personally would still be running a factory clutch but, that's just me.

80k on mine hope* she has that extra 20k left. But i agree after getting this far i think ill go stock replacement, maybe a different throw out bearing at that, sound is annoying!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
80k on mine how she has that extra 20k left. But i agree after getting this far i think ill go stock replacement, maybe a different throw out bearing at that sound is annoying!

LOL!! Oh yeah, it's annoying as hell!!

sweno

Yeah my original clutch I got over 130km on and this heavy duty clutch has only lasted about a year and no where near the kms. What was the upgraded clutch in the upgrade for your LS upgrade @wayoflife ? Also, did you receive an email from me regarding an Australian event I'm organising ?

sweno

Yeah my original clutch I got over 130km on and this heavy duty clutch has only lasted about a year and no where near the kms. What was the upgraded clutch in the upgrade for your LS upgrade @wayoflife ? Also, did you receive an email from me regarding an Australian event I'm organising ?

jeeeep

Hooked

if you're playing a lot in deep mud it'll wear out your clutch components faster. if you're shifting in the mud or riding your clutch to keep it from stalling you'll burn your clutch out faster.

just replace it with stock, a more expensive clutch will not make it last long enough to be worth the extra expense if you play a lot in the mud.

you may be able to pull it apart, take some 200 grit or so sandpaper to the flywheel/clutch pad to remove the glazing caused by the mud. if the fingers and springs are still good, replace the throw out bearing and you may be able to get a little more life out of it.

sweno

if you're playing a lot in deep mud it'll wear out your clutch components faster. if you're shifting in the mud or riding your clutch to keep it from stalling you'll burn your clutch out faster.

just replace it with stock, a more expensive clutch will not make it last long enough to be worth the extra expense if you play a lot in the mud.

you may be able to pull it apart, take some 200 grit or so sandpaper to the flywheel/clutch pad to remove the glazing caused by the mud. if the fingers and springs are still good, replace the throw out bearing and you may be able to get a little more life out of it.

Thanks for that! It's going into my mechanic tomorrow but wasn't sure what clutch to put in

sweno

So had some good news. The clutch is fine [emoji108]🏼[emoji120]🏻 the slave cylinder finally failed . It's the original so I'm not really bothered as its the OEM. Thanks for your feed back guys!

AZRockJK

Yah.... I have the throw out bearing noise issue too. I had the dealership check it out hoping they would approve a replacement under warranty but they just said it was normal..... yahhhh right, normal crap!

jeeeep

Hooked
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-r...ncorrect-pre-load-on-clutch-throw-out-bearing

I was curious if anyone has seen this or done this procedure. It says its for the 2007 JK, but all Jks are using the same manual trans I think. I have the squeak until I push the pedal in and it goes away so I'm hoping this procedure would work for me.

if all the numbers on the manual trans match to the TSB I'd take it in and point it out to them.

I claimed a TSB on a Cherokee I had, wasn't for my year Cherokee but the issues and part numbers listed in the TSB matched to mine so the dealer took care of it under the TSB

Last edited:
Top Bottom