Broke my dome light...what to do

Hoyt Ag

Let me rephrase that, my dog broke it. I was trying to install an LED light in the interior dome light housing when my dog decides to lose his mind when a cat runs in front of our house. While he is freaking out, he bumps his head into the house and it breaks the clips that hold it in place. The clear lens is fine, but the black trim around it is what has cracked and cannot be repaired.

So, what are my alternatives? I hate to spend 30-40 bucks on a new assembly, so I am looking for any alternatives you guys might have.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, if it were me, I would just try to get a factory replacement. There are lots of online retailers that you can get one from or, there's always your dealership.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
There is only one thing to do.....take the dog and the cat behind the barn and shoot them. On a serious note, Im with Eddie...you're gonna spend 3 hours and all your patience messing around with crazy glue trying to piece together the housing. I'd just go buy a new one, maybe see if you can find one at a junk yard if you don't mind digging for parts.

Hoyt Ag

There is only one thing to do.....take the dog and the cat behind the barn and shoot them. On a serious note, Im with Eddie...you're gonna spend 3 hours and all your patience messing around with crazy glue trying to piece together the housing. I'd just go buy a new one, maybe see if you can find one at a junk yard if you don't mind digging for parts.

No kidding. I tried to make it serviceable with glue, etc., but it was toast from the start. Ended up finding one online for 12 bucks, so not too bad.

There is a great dane a few doors down from us that will probably take care of the cat. He dislikes everything and anything less than 50lbs, minus kids.

Top Bottom