75 CJ5 dana 30 spline count

Helipilot2

Hey guys I cant find anything using the search function. Without pulling my axle shafts is there a way to know the spline count on my dana 30? It seems I have the 27 or 30 spline option, would there be a reason to convert to a different spline count? I want to get both axles completely rebuilt. Thanks in advance

holliewood61

They will be 27 spline. To be honest if you are wanting to build axles it would be best to put your money into a better starting piece than a dana 30. If you want to keep your stock track width a cut down scout 44 works great using an early bronco long side shaft. If you would like to increase your track width either scout or wagoneer 44's work but the front spring mounts will need outboarded and new leaf spring pearches will need welded onto the axle tubes in the proper location out back.

Helipilot2

They will be 27 spline. To be honest if you are wanting to build axles it would be best to put your money into a better starting piece than a dana 30. If you want to keep your stock track width a cut down scout 44 works great using an early bronco long side shaft. If you would like to increase your track width either scout or wagoneer 44's work but the front spring mounts will need outboarded and new leaf spring pearches will need welded onto the axle tubes in the proper location out back.

By build I mean replace all the worn out parts, I am only running 33s for the next few years (about 5) while I save for 1 tons and coils front and rear. It is just to get me by for now

Top Bottom