replacing rear license plate holder

ablinkin

Hello all,

I'm needing to replace my rear license plate holder, problem is the lower bolts are tough to get to.

Anyone have tips or know of the perfect tool to get in there?

Thanks!

ablinkin

thanks for the input guys.

i've never removed/loosened a bumper, are there any pitfalls i should look out for?

Jay is 100% correct. Lay underneath and youll see the bolts. Easy peezy. 6 sounds right. May even be 4. The "bumper" weighs nothing.

Jay is 100% correct. Lay underneath and youll see the bolts. Easy peezy. 6 sounds right. May even be 4. The "bumper" weighs nothing.

If memory serves me... It's 2 on each side of the outer frame rail and one on the two centerish brackets. I think the heads are 15mm. (all running on memory)

edit... it could also very well be 18mm heads... Jeep seems to like them. :)

If memory serves me... It's 2 on each side of the outer frame rail and one on the two centerish brackets. I think the heads are 15mm. (all running on memory)

edit... it could also very well be 18mm heads... Jeep seems to like them. :)

thanks for the input guys.

i've never removed/loosened a bumper, are there any pitfalls i should look out for?

Mine unfortunately is still laying in my garage. 6 bolts. 17mm.

Edit. And 18mm. Thats what happens when you throw them all in a bag.

Last edited:
hey.... 1/2 is still a .500 average. If this were baseball, I'd be a pro ;)

Lol. I couldnt remember either. Plus i took the tow hook off at the same time so that adds a few bolts. Either way, a common wrench/socket set does the trick. Were all winners Jay....

Top Bottom