ESP/BAS and Traction Control Lights

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
So every couple of months I will be driving and I will get the ESP/BAS and Traction Control light come on. It stays on until I turn the Jeep off and then it doesn't come back. It has happened regular enough that I'm curious but not enough to be a problem. There are no trouble codes in the computer. Any Ideas? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443102701.513840.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Could be a lot of things. Oreillys can scan the code if you don't have the ability too. Some regular OBDII scanners won't read traction/ABS. I had the similiar issue on my WJ and went to a carwash and pressure-washed the inside of the wheels and it went away. Could be build up between the sensor and reluctor/toner ring. Something that simple or could be more complex like a sensor or module issue. Once you get the codes read, do a visual inspection of the wiring around the area that the code gives you. I've even heard of uneven tire pressure causing the light.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I am having the same issue but only my traction light comes on it comes on after I hit bumps in road frustrating. And doesn't through a code to read

WJCO

Meme King
^That's exactly what would trigger my ABS light. Oreillys found a LF speed sensor code. I found no visual issues and the light would come and go, so I pressure-washed the crap out of that area, hasn't been on since ! First time it came on was after wheeling, so I assumed it had something to do with dirt/dust. :idontknow:

Tylerself17

Mine was like that also, I didn't have enough back spacing on my wheels and my front passenger tire pretty much ate my wheel sensor wire and caused those lights. Rewired it up and no problems since

Easy843

I had this issue right before my trip to Alaska, got to the point where every time I got up to speed my TC would kick in then these lights would come on and stay on. This was on my 2010 jkur and it ended up being my wheel speed sensor. I had it replaced and no issues since

Bird Dog 36

My 2010 just did this yesterday. I had been parked for a few hours, went to leave, and both the TCL and the ESP/BAS came on. Restarted the jeep, still on. Drove forward for about a block, and it went off. Where is the speed sensor located?

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Mine was like that also, I didn't have enough back spacing on my wheels and my front passenger tire pretty much ate my wheel sensor wire and caused those lights. Rewired it up and no problems since

I just had this happen 2 week's ago. My LT285/70 R 17 tires ate the insulation on wheel sensor wire.

aldaman

Majority of the time it's the wheel sensor. Happened on my '08 and '12 JKU. When I purchased the part at the dealership, the guy there told me he sells a lot of those seems to be a common problem. You just need to figure out which wheel sensor you need to replace.....

Davwashere

You can get a scan tool that reads ABS codes and it will tell you exactly which wheel it is. I'm not sure how much the stealership sales the sensors for, but I just ordered mine online for less than $20 each.

aldaman

You can get a scan tool that reads ABS codes and it will tell you exactly which wheel it is. I'm not sure how much the stealership sales the sensors for, but I just ordered mine online for less than $20 each.

The dealership in my area sold them for $40+ :shock:

Top Bottom