Headlights

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I have the JWs and love em. I've heard great things about the TLs, however, one common comment is an "X" pattern in the light drives some people nuts (I'm one of them hence the Speakers). :)

seanb123

Personally I think they both are way to expensive I have the truck lites and they are great but they are at the top of my willing to pay for headlights range so I knew I wasn't going to pay for the jw

Dirt Foot

I have the JWs and love em. I've heard great things about the TLs, however, one common comment is an "X" pattern in the light drives some people nuts (I'm one of them hence the Speakers). :)

I have not upgraded my lights as of yet. Can anyone show me a pic of this TL "x" pattern. I have not seen or heard of this.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just compared my truck lites to the brand new jw speakers and mine were actually brighter. Even the guy that owned the jw speakers said my truck lites were brighter. He was kinda upset afterwords lol

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I just compared my truck lites to the brand new jw speakers and mine were actually brighter. Even the guy that owned the jw speakers said my truck lites were brighter. He was kinda upset afterwords lol

Wow. I'm surprised. The Speakers are crazy bright.

I will agree though that they are obnoxiously expensive.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I have not upgraded my lights as of yet. Can anyone show me a pic of this TL "x" pattern. I have not seen or heard of this.

Here is a video that shows the patterns.

https://youtu.be/It1gNeBVnQI

The Speakers have a much more defined cutoff both at the near and far end of the beam and have a completely uniform pattern (no hot spots or dark areas) The yellow banding on the Speakers is a little annoying.

seanb123

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443145565.670593.jpg here you can see the pattern. My left light was broken and had to be replaced as you can see how dim it got

Ddays

Hooked
Funny, my TL's are a year and a half old and I've never noticed the X pattern on mine. I've seen photos showing this X very pronounced on the road ahead of a Jeep, but again, I've never seen this on mine. Could these be earlier versions? I do know I've had to replace a relay on one of mine that went bad and let the light flicker like crazy. Talk about something driving you batshit crazy! I bought two replacements- one to replace the bad one and the other I threw in the console.

Be certain of one thing regardless of which set you buy, you will constantly get flashed by oncoming traffic thinking that your high beams are on! I don't even bother to flash back anymore. It's almost mean! These things are so bright I'm surprised they both are DOT approved.

07JKSahara

The X drives me insane. I ordered the mopar horizontal adjuster screws.I literally just pulled them out of the mailbox 5 minutes ago. I'll post pics when I install them

seanb123

Funny, my TL's are a year and a half old and I've never noticed the X pattern on mine. I've seen photos showing this X very pronounced on the road ahead of a Jeep, but again, I've never seen this on mine. Could these be earlier versions? I do know I've had to replace a relay on one of mine that went bad and let the light flicker like crazy. Talk about something driving you batshit crazy! I bought two replacements- one to replace the bad one and the other I threw in the console.

Be certain of one thing regardless of which set you buy, you will constantly get flashed by oncoming traffic thinking that your high beams are on! I don't even bother to flash back anymore. It's almost mean! These things are so bright I'm surprised they both are DOT approved.

I purchased mine in May and still have the X so it couldn't be an early version issue

ECHOE

Anyone have experience with the Chinese knock off JW or TL headlights?

You know-I was looking at the knock offs too but knowing that when I buy Chinese it typically falls apart I would much rather stay with American-made-But you have to have the dough. I saved up and finally pulled the trigger and just got my JW Speaker J series in the mail.

Suprchrgd_rubi

I bought the TL heated lights I need to do some adjustments but man what a difference I'm glad I bought them, and when I get to the snow while the jw guys wipe the snow off there mine will be melting away

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

You should not be getting flashed. I have had my speakers for nearly 18months and 20,000mi. Not ONE flash in that time. I've been driving in another car with my jeep behind me and the lights looked no different than HIDs on European cars.

My guess is your may need to be pointed down if you are getting flashed.

Also, didn't relive the TLs are DOT approved...

spinuck

I bought the TL heated lights I need to do some adjustments but man what a difference I'm glad I bought them, and when I get to the snow while the jw guys wipe the snow off there mine will be melting away

For all the snow you get in Livermore? :bleh: Just kidding. but as far as the "X" thing goes, you don't see it unless you have a large object in front of you.

Top Bottom