Cruise Control Guy

Shantz

Anyone got a guy in Los Angeles that can fix the cruise control?

Other that a dealership, don't mind paying for a good job, just don't want to get ripped off.

Thanx in advance,
Shantz

Shantz

It was working intermittently... now it doesn't work at all... wheel is straight, fuses look good... So now I'm out of my element.

USMC Wrangler

Sounds crazy, but try smacking your steering wheel at the 2 o'clock position. The 2011 JKUR I drive at work does this. My cheap boss won't get the fix done, so this has worked. Supposedly it's some "flash" that it needs.

Jeephooligan

Check your taillights. I don't know if the jeeps are like this but I've had other vehicles that if it taillight is out the cruise control won't work

Benito

Caught the Bug
Check your taillights. I don't know if the jeeps are like this but I've had other vehicles that if it taillight is out the cruise control won't work

If you have a 2013+, maybe older, the dash display will let you know if you have a burnt tail light

Shantz

Nope, all lights are good, I'm guessing it might just be 8 years old... ahh it's as 2007 a well.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Check your wheel bearings. When mine was going bad the cruise would kick off because it was getting weird signals from the speed sensor.

Shantz

So, the Jeep has been at the dealership for 2 days. They told me I needed a new sensor switch... installed the switch... work just fine for about 5 minutes... So they changed the clock spring... and nothing. His next step he said was to check the pcm.

Anyone else have this much trouble fixing cruise control?

Shantz

The final outcome, was I need a new PCM and possibly a TIPM... They said they would start with the PCM for $1250 then replace the TIPM for $900... so Looks like we will NOT be having cruise control.:grayno:

tooslow76

I have a 2015 JKU and my Cruise control comes on after the transmission warms up. Is this a normal thing? I only have 15K mileage on it.

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 2015 JKU and my Cruise control comes on after the transmission warms up. Is this a normal thing? I only have 15K mileage on it.

Comes on by itself? Not normal.
Comes on ONLY after transmission is warm? Not normal either.

Top Bottom