14 jku 488 gear replacement

Indy14jk

Just had my 14 jku stock gears replaced with 488's....

Now thats done it is like it is stuck in third gear, having issues shifting from drive to reverse etc..
I am running 37's and this is why i was changing gearing...

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

YellowJK

So many people have this problem.

My parents just to drive theirs had to let off the gas just to shift. My brother's did this and Rebel had to fix something on it. They said he didn't do the break in period right.

I would take it back and have them look at it. They both did and it worked fine. I forget the problem that was causing it tho.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Did you use a tuner, procal, or something similar to update the tune with the new ratio? I know there is something about the 3.6 jk going into limp mode if the tune is not updated after regearing.

This is assuming you have an automatic.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you use a tuner, procal, or something similar to update the tune with the new ratio? I know there is something about the 3.6 jk going into limp mode if the tune is not updated after regearing.

This is assuming you have an automatic.

This......

Indy14jk

No tuner at all....

All i did was drive down the road and it started this. Not even 3 miles on build.

Yes it is a automatic. It will not even let me change it manually either

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So many people have this problem.

My parents just to drive theirs had to let off the gas just to shift. My brother's did this and Rebel had to fix something on it. They said he didn't do the break in period right.

I would take it back and have them look at it. They both did and it worked fine. I forget the problem that was causing it tho.

I highly doubt a gear brake in issue would cause computer issues. Actually it wouldn't.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
But i dont want to buy a tuner if it will not solve the problem either!!

Aren't you running 37s? How do you not have a tuner? Not only do you need it for your gears, you also need to tell your Jeep that it has bigger tires.

Indy14jk

Truly dont drive it much. Travel for work all the time. Just never bothered me since i new the difference.

Top Bottom