Who makes the cargo storage shelf.....

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I remember I read about a vendor that makes a storage shelf that raises the cargo area a few inches, supplies storage bags with the kit and relocates the sub under the floor as well? Who makes that kit?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I remember I read about a vendor that makes a storage shelf that raises the cargo area a few inches, supplies storage bags with the kit and relocates the sub under the floor as well? Who makes that kit?

ORV Stealth Shelf maybe...

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys.

Damn that thing is pricey. $790 for the shelf and bags, $95 for the carpet, and another $100 for the sub delete panels. $1K for a plastic shelf and bags. Jeez

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
When you really start looking at what you get, that stealth shelf is ridiculously priced which is why I built my own.

All in, with pelican cases instead of cheap bags, my setup maybe cost $300 ($200 of which is for the pelican cases.)

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
When you really start looking at what you get, that stealth shelf is ridiculously priced which is why I built my own.

All in, with pelican cases instead of cheap bags, my setup maybe cost $300 ($200 of which is for the pelican cases.)

You sound like me a few months ago. ;)

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

Just went and read your build. Great job on the raised floor! I just wish I had the time to go buy the lumber, make the templates, make the cuts. Looks like you also have the 2015 relocated subwoofer too ...Someone needs to start selling these at $300-400. There is a market.

The ARB is another option but its just as expensive, sits too high and necessitates unzipping the treetop every time I open the rear gate. too much of a PITA.

Last edited:

whispike

Do you have a link to your build?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431649156.194757.jpg

I bought the tuffy security deck that does not fold up. It is roughly $350 from most vendors. It may be taller than what you want though as it is almost as tall as the tub.

Jackal01

This company builds all the tool trays, compartment trays, etc for our fire trucks. They make a couple Jeep products and are located on my side of town (Jones and 1960 general area). You may be interested. I don't have a need for one but I really like it. If they can handle K12 saws, gasoline, axes, etc being tossed around and whatnot, they can surely handle anything we do with our rigs. I actually have a cutting board and boot jack that I won as door prizes at our annual banquet.

http://pptexas.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=198

Last edited:

Yuriy

I got the ORV stealth shelf. And in my opinion, it's on of the best mods I've done. Bags are good quality, shelf is good quality. I put a lot of tools in the bags and still have a lot of room. It also allows access to the under floor cubby. It is pricey, but I'm very pleased with it.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
This company builds all the tool trays, compartment trays, etc for our fire trucks. They make a couple Jeep products and are located on my side of town (Jones and 1960 general area). You may be interested. I don't have a need for one but I really like it. If they can handle K12 saws, gasoline, axes, etc being tossed around and whatnot, they can surely handle anything we do with our rigs. I actually have a cutting board and boot jack that I won as door prizes at our annual banquet.

Thanks. I was looking at those on the Genright website. I didn't realize they were local. It's a better solution than what i have. I already have the Tuffy lid. What I find is that I'm always leaving the lid at home since larger items don't fit underneath and the top is a pain to access with the trektop. Might just break down and get the ORV. Just feels a bit like highway robbery.

I have an ORV shelf and love it, but I agree it's overpriced. Alana (wife) got the shelf for me for Christmas but I had planned on making one. FWIW, it is very well made and of all the things I've done to my Jeep, the ORV shelf has been the best purchased product I've ever installed. It fit perfectly, the directions were great, and there was an amazing level of detail. (All things I expect when paying a premium.)

Jackal01

Thanks. I was looking at those on the Genright website. I didn't realize they were local. It's a better solution than what i have. I already have the Tuffy lid. What I find is that I'm always leaving the lid at home since larger items don't fit underneath and the top is a pain to access with the trektop. Might just break down and get the ORV. Just feels a bit like highway robbery.

I have the Tuffy Security Enclosure too (I think the same as you). I like it but it would be nice to have an intermediate shelf inside for smaller things so then don't move around. But I also plan on an ARB fridge one day and even right now I do not think any of them will fit. I may just have to deal with it being in the middle with the single seat folded down. I am also trying to come up with a way to lock the lid from underneath. With a crowbar the lid could be lifted up with a decent amount of strength. If I can put a couple latches or something on either side that would solve that problem for me. I need a more secure way to lock up my guns...haven't found a soft-top friendly solution.

I haven't see the above item in person but I watched the video and between that and having an intimate amount of experience with their products I can only assume it is just as awesome. I just like the Enclosure more since it offers more storage. So many options (almost too many).

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Thats actually pretty nice! I wonder if they are working on a solution for the 15+ floor mounted sub... :thumb:

lulu2533

I'm liking this. I will have to give them a call and see what the price is.

I would love to have the ORV shelf but that price is RIDICULOUS!!
I don't think they even have any of the stealth shelfs in stock anyway.

I might just try to build my own.

Thanks for the info!!

Top Bottom