2013 Auto Transmission

ak49

I recently shipped my vehicle overseas. It was delayed countless times and basically took 5 months. Now the MIF (malfunction indicator light) is on. I drove it about 3 blocks and I think it's being triggered from the transmission. The auto transmission has significant delays going into drive, reverse, etc. Fluid is fine. I'm trying to hold the shipping company liable since they are required to deliver the vehicle in the same condition as it was dropped off. Has anyone had issues with the transmission taking 3-4 seconds to go into gear and when you drive, there is about a 3-4 second delay between when the gas pedal is pushed and it feels like the jeep starts moving.

jeeeep

Hooked
do you have a tune on it?

I had a similar issue when I went from 35's to 37's, even though I used my Superchips to set the new tire size, the transmission would delay and shifting was crap. After taking it to a transmission shop they told me the transmission was fine and the issue was likely in the ECU.

I started thinking it was the flash from 35's to 37's so I reset it back to stock, disconnected both battery cables and touched them together to reset the ECU.

put the cables back on the battery, started the engine up to make sure it started with no codes then went through the process of installing the Superchips tune again for gears and tires.

This took care of it and haven't had any issues since.

If you don't have a flash tune on it, try disconnecting the battery cables and touching them together, see if that helps. disconnect both cables and touch only the cable ends together, do not touch the battery posts!

Top Bottom