Rusty's NEW 31x10.50 BFG M/T KM2 Tires Mounted on ProComp Series 82 White Wheels

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Woohoo!! Just got our new 15x8 with 3.75" of back spacing ProComp Series 82 wheels for Rusty, our 1972 Jeep J2000 Pickup Truck!! Can't wait to get them installed with a new set of shoes :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443220829.842704.jpg

Ok, so they more or less look the same as the wheels we already have only the size of them is a bit different, they are new, are rust free and all match :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Took a quick trip to our local Walmart and picked up a set of 31x10.50 BFG MT KM2's! Time to get them mounted on Rusty's new wheels ;)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443220942.646909.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443220952.400962.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Now we are talking! Curious what size you went with and are they going to be any clearance issues?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Woohoo!! New wheels for Rusty came in today

Ok, so they look pretty much the same but the size is a bit different, they are new and rust free and all match :)

I'm not going to lie but the white steel wheels are classic. I had them on all my 70's Fords.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now we are talking! Curious what size you went with and are they going to be any clearance issues?

We decided to get 31x10.50's on 15" wheels. The original factory wheels were 16.5" and ran old school tires that don't really have a sidewall dimension but measured about 31" tall and that's what we were trying to get back up to. The tires we are running now are actually quite a bit smaller and our speedometer show as much. I'll have to take a side by side shot to show you the difference.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to lie but the white steel wheels are classic. I had them on all my 70's Fords.

They really are nice and unlike American Racing wheels which were really bright white and have a red and blue stripe around the edge of the rim, these ProComp Series 82 wheels are a nice natural white (looks like something you'd see on an old Jeep) and come stripe free. :yup:

Panda

Rusty will look great with the 15's pics please :D I'm curious to how you'll get Emma squared away, that sounds like a tough one

10frank9

Web Wheeler
We decided to get 31x10.50's on 15" wheels. The original factory wheels were 16.5" and ran old school tires that don't really have a sidewall dimension but measured about 31" tall and that's what we were trying to get back up to. The tires we are running now are actually quite a bit smaller and our speedometer show as much. I'll have to take a side by side shot to show you the difference.

Those new wheels look great and I like the white side out for that old school look.

I'd love to see the side by side comparison, though I do believe you, I'm the guy running 35" 37's :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few before shots of Rusty that I took last night. As you can see, it really was time for a set of new tires.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

And, here are some side by side shots of our new 31x10.50 BFG KM2's mounted on White ProComp Series 82 steel wheels. What a difference!
main.php

main.php

Here they are staggered so that you can get a better look at the two.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

As you can see, the new BFG's are considerably bigger but really, closer to what a Jeep Gladiator or J2000 Pickup Truck should have come with from the factory - at least in terms of diameter. It's hard to imagine that Rusty has been running around on such tiny tires all this time. I will post up some installed shots later.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
In for the after pics. That should make a night and day difference on an already nice looking truck. I'd love an old Gladiator, but I REALLY want an old Grand Wagoneer. Both just look so cool.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so we actually took these shots last night and I was hoping to get them up sooner but I had a few things I needed to take care of today first. Anyway, here are the shots you've been waiting for - Rusty with his new 31x10.50 BFG M/T KM2 Tires Mounted on ProComp Series 82 White Wheels. I hope you like what you see. :cool:

First shot as soon as we pulled Rusty out of the garage.
main.php

Low shot of Rusty pulled out into the gravel to bask in the setting sun glow.
main.php

A shot a bit higher to give you more of a standing view.
main.php

A couple of close ups front shots so that you can see the tires better.
main.php

main.php

A slight driver side 3/4 shot.
main.php

A couple of shots from the passenger side rear. I know it's kind of hard to see the tires but the sunset was so awesome last night, we couldn't help taking the shot.
main.php

main.php

Here are a few close up shots up front so that you can get a better feel of how they fit.
main.php

main.php

main.php

So far as we can tell, there is no rubbing issues and all works great. :yup:

Top Bottom