mounting a camera

nknacd

Where do you guys mount your cameras? I'm thinking of picking up an ION Air Pro Lite on Amazon but not sure where to mount for riding trails.

jeeeep

Hooked
the bumper hoop is pretty common mounting place, the hood loop, the gutters if running a hard top or the windshield frame if running topless, underneath behind the axle to get those articulation shots...depends on what you want to capture.

Last EJS the guy in front of me had 6 GoPros mounted on his Jeep, still haven't seen the final footage he captured but he got a lot of different angles :thumb:

seanb123

Where do you guys mount your cameras? I'm thinking of picking up an ION Air Pro Lite on Amazon but not sure where to mount for riding trails.

There's ton of places to mount, stinger if you have one. Side of the door/fender is cool too. If I could make a suggestion I've never heard of this ion air camera, id suggest going with a GoPro hero. It is a fairly new model with just the barebones nothing crazy. It is very similar to my hero 2 that's I've had for years without flaws and you will find unlimited mounts and it'll take a beating.

GoPro HERO https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIYNUXO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_yZadwbK662AJ0

jhires

I made a small bracket that I attach with the screw in the pan on top of the dash. Has a 1/4 bolt (standard tripod bolt size) sticking up with a wingnut that I can attach to either my coolpix camera, or gopro with the tripod adapter. I am considering doing something similar on the third taillight above the spare tire for taking rearward facing video.

My wife uses the Rugged Ridge dash mount for her iPhone in her Jeep. It works quite well, but I could see it not working for every phone. The iPhone 6 takes surprisingly good video.

Glock35

I mounted my GoPro on the center of the dash. The footage is pretty good, but you obviously don't capture the flex and articulation.

lil'wizzy

I'm running a BlackVue DR550GW-2CH in my rig. One too many accidents on my rig (not my fault). That and people kept hitting it in the parking lot at the apartment I used to live at. It's just mounted under the rear view mirror and in the back window. 1080P front and 720P rear. For Video: https://www.youtube.com/user/jimmypgood

It's not the BEST camera out there, but for something that is low profile and pretty decent compared to others, and to have permanently mounted; it is really nice, and can be always on if you desire. Unless you're looking for it, you'll look right past it. The camera it's self is smaller than a normal sized banana. I can upload photos (of the camera) when I get home if anyone is interested.

xxJWPxx

I've got mine mounted along the windshield header next to the rear-view mirror. I usually set it up to include part of my hood in the shot.

gopro mount JK.jpg

Havoc40

I have 2 GoPro's. Most of the time I only use one next to my rear view mirror. I ran a USB around the window frame, so I could keep it plugged in and on WiFi to use the remote. Works great! I now have a mount on my new bumpers for the other camera.

Only pic I have showing the GoPro. You can see it next to the mirror.
20140619_210415.jpg

Top Bottom