ReGear Question for Rear axle

Saharacon

I'll be getting a Dana 44 with 4.10s already installed pretty soon. If I had the extra cash around I'd drop 1k and just jump to 5.13s

But my question is with the re axle.

When I put my Front Dana 44 with 4.10s in I'll no longer have 3.73s like my rear does, so my question is if I installed the dana 44 at home. Would I be capable of driving to DTS about a 40 mins drive for them to install 4.10s in my rear?

Next question I have is would I be able to just install a 4.10 ring and pinion within the dana 44 rear currently installed? Or would I need a mini master kit?

Or Would it be wiser to remove both axles while I'm placing the 44 up front and just cart my rear 44 to my local shop for the regear?

Thanks in advance, sorry if these questions seem noobish. Still learning!

WJCO

Meme King
May not be a bad idea to have some extra money for rear bearings in the event they find any issues when they're changing out your rear gears. They'll already have it torn down and will have to set up the diff anyway with the new gears. Sometimes they find fine metal, sometimes scored rollers. Usually, there is little to no extra labor charge. Especially if any water has gotten in there (I saw your profile pic).

Saharacon

May not be a bad idea to have some extra money for rear bearings in the event they find any issues when they're changing out your rear gears. They'll already have it torn down and will have to set up the diff anyway with the new gears. Sometimes they find fine metal, sometimes scored rollers. Usually, there is little to no extra labor charge. Especially if any water has gotten in there (I saw your profile pic).

😉 it'll be a good idea to have the extra money on hand then I suppose !

Roughly how much should I be looking at for a total cost? $400-600?

Lance628

You should just pick up a master overhaul kit then you don't have to worry about it there only 150 bucks threw northridge

Lance628

No problem man if you don't have your gears yet they have a package deal on gears and a rebuild kit together I think too

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If you are going to dts, just get the kit from them. They have everything on hand so dont need the entire kit. If you want just bearings, just seals, etc they have it all piece by piece. They dont like you supplying your own parts. Their prices aren't bad either so it's not then trying to gouge you, they just prefer to install their own parts that they know are right and high quality

Saharacon

If you are going to dts, just get the kit from them. They have everything on hand so dont need the entire kit. If you want just bearings, just seals, etc they have it all piece by piece. They dont like you supplying your own parts. Their prices aren't bad either so it's not then trying to gouge you, they just prefer to install their own parts that they know are right and high quality

That's what my mate was just saying actually. Then I'll have warranty on there install in case anything went wrong.

My problem is I was quoted 300.00 for 4.10 rear gears :confused:

Might just have to jump to 5.13s and ride without the front driveshaft for a couple weeks

Saharacon

Was quoted 1,300.00 without tax. So I'll take it. My 44 should be getting here in 2 weeks. Truss it real quick fresh coat of paint and slap her in. Now the saharacon will live to its name

Top Bottom