Locker operation question Hi/lo range

Ddays

Hooked
This may be a really stupid question, so please forgive my asking.
From what I understand, factory lockers only operate in lo range. When you switch out axles or go to an aftermarket locker, is this still the case and is this controlled by the computer? I didn't buy a Rubi or I'd already know this.

I am asking this because I have ARB lockers installed and I am getting ready to hook up my compressor to them. My question is will my lockers only operate in lo range or will I be able to use in high as well being that these are aftermarket? I see there are ways to bypass this function, but will I even have to worry about this? Will the factory computer automatically control the locker operation (Lo range only) when everything is hooked up?

Wethy

Since you don't have a rubi the computer will not control any locker functions as a rubi would. With your arbs you will have had to wire up a switch and that will give you the ability to lock whenever wherever. However from everything I've read you shouldn't have them locked at speeds higher than 20mph. I could be wrong on that part though. you will have the ability to lock in 2wheel drive as well, so no you won't need to worry about the computer lol I'm sure someone else will chime in who has actual experience this info is from my own research into lockers

This may be a really stupid question, so please forgive my asking.
From what I understand, factory lockers only operate in lo range. When you switch out axles or go to an aftermarket locker, is this still the case and is this controlled by the computer? I didn't buy a Rubi or I'd already know this.

I am asking this because I have ARB lockers installed and I am getting ready to hook up my compressor to them. My question is will my lockers only operate in lo range or will I be able to use in high as well being that these are aftermarket? I see there are ways to bypass this function, but will I even have to worry about this? Will the factory computer automatically control the locker operation (Lo range only) when everything is hooked up?

When you press the button for your air lockers they will come on - be careful!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Lockers, especially the fronts if you have them, can compromise your ability to turn. For that reason use them sparingly in snow. I learned the hard way!:eek:

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for confirming guys. I'm in the middle of trying to figure if I want to go with a Trail Rocker or Spod for my switches and that question reared itself.

I was talking to an ARB rep last weekend at a show and he mentioned the front locker in snow issue. Thanks for confirming!

Top Bottom