Psc hydro assist

JK12

How much fluid does the system take? I will be running a dual pass heat sink 14" along with it

jeeeep

Hooked
How much fluid does the system take? I will be running a dual pass heat sink 14" along with it

there's no set amount due to the various sizes in heat sinks, line length, reservoir size etc...

Get on the PSC sight and download the bleed instructions, they have the info on how to set the proper fluid level

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, there really is no set amount do to all the variables. Just keep filling until your reservoir is filled to the point it needs to be once everything is bled.

mackey

Are you using the stock reservoir or PSCs? The PSC will hold more power steering fluid. Also you may want to have a overflow tube connected to it. They will get hot and overflow.

JK12

Are you using the stock reservoir or PSCs? The PSC will hold more power steering fluid. Also you may want to have a overflow tube connected to it. They will get hot and overflow.

PSC reservoir. Is there a good base to start off with? I'm ordering online and wanna make sure I get enough and then some.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
PSC reservoir. Is there a good base to start off with? I'm ordering online and wanna make sure I get enough and then some.

You'll want at least 3-4 quarts. I would get a couple of extra just to have on hand as well.

mackey

Based on my own issues with my PSC system and talking with PSC and Northridge 4x4, I would highly recommend getting an aftermarket cooler. PSC makes a combo kit for your power steering and transmission. It will hold more power steering fluid and keep it cooler. Adding the PSC reservoir and cooler made a huge difference in my Jeep.

JK12

Alright thank you! Yeah I ordered the 14" heat sink cooler and will have it mounted in front of the radiator

mackey

Alright thank you! Yeah I ordered the 14" heat sink cooler and will have it mounted in front of the radiator

I had the same one. It wasn't effective and I upgraded. Mine is less than 3 months old. I can sell it to you. Cancel your order. Personally I'd get the bigger one.

Top Bottom