Reprogramming jk computer help!

jgarz05

Hey guys so I have an aev conversion jeep that was on 35s 3.73s. 6 speed 2013, I did a lot to it got 37s and getting ready to regear just need to get a programmer.
Here is my question, I think my jeep was programmed once for the 35s because even with the 37s my speedometer is only like 1-2 mph off.
So if I get superchip basic programmer the flashpaq I believe can I reprogram it with that or would I have to go to the dealer to get the old program cleared. Or possibly getting one that's may be more money like the trail dash that will be able to program it with out going to the dealer.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance!!!

Lance628

If it was done at a dealer you should be able to do It with the super chips, but if it was done with a different programmer it will be vin locked but If that was the case I would think they would have given you the programer with your jeep cause it can't be used on another vehicle

jgarz05

If it was done at a dealer you should be able to do It with the super chips, but if it was done with a different programmer it will be vin locked but If that was the case I would think they would have given you the programer with your jeep cause it can't be used on another vehicle

Gotcha so it good be from dealer like that. I bought my jeep use so the previous owner could have forgot to put it in the jeep along with the door surrounds he forgot lol. Is there anyway to tell if it's done with an aftermarket one? I would think aev conversion jeep it would have been with the aev procal

Lance628

Well if you want a programer anyway get one and it won't clear it if it was done with another one then you could go to the dealer to reset it to stock

Top Bottom