EVO Stinger install

Torqt JK

Does anyone know if there is a write-up on installing the stinger on the 1/4 pounder with bumper already on the jeep. Or if anyone knows the tricks or tips. Cant seem to find a complete guide on doing it.

Torqt JK

I don't have the install instructions, wanted to see how difficult it will be before i pull the trigger on purchase

trailless

Caught the Bug
It was a good write up but not doesn't show how to install the stinger on the bumper

Install the stinger with the 8 bolts on the front of the bumper. Then drill through the 6 pre-existing holes in the stinger all the way through the top of the bumper. Then install the bolts, washers and nuts. It's really simple but you might want to have a couple extra drill bits. 1/4 steel is hard to get through.

Torqt JK

Install the stinger with the 8 bolts on the front of the bumper. Then drill through the 6 pre-existing holes in the stinger all the way through the top of the bumper. Then install the bolts, washers and nuts. It's really simple but you might want to have a couple extra drill bits. 1/4 steel is hard to get through.

Any tricks to working the inside the bumper, getting the washer nuts on and tight. Seems like there isn't a lot of room to work

CarolinaJK

I'll be tackling this same thing in the morning. Cut everything to fit tonight. Weather got too bad to continue.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443919846.854378.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443919846.854378.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 264

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any tricks to working the inside the bumper, getting the washer nuts on and tight. Seems like there isn't a lot of room to work

Not the upper outside corner of the frame horn to get the front bolt in. Otherwise it's really hard to get to.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For mine we drilled the holes for the stinger with the bumper off but installed everything with it on the jeep

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What did you guys do for the wires that are hanging out. Like the fog light bulbs do you just zip tie them behind the grill?

Yes mine are currently zip tied to the bumper. I plan on using the fog switch for either rock lights or move my light bar down in front of my winch and use the harness for that.

Top Bottom