Just thoughts on these pictures

Ant's JK

I was examining my suspension due to a ride quality issue and noticed my passenger side sway bar is closer to my coil then my drivers. My questions are does this mean one coil isn't seated properly and isn't centered or something else?

Attachments

• 1443884040996.jpg
    1443884040996.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 354
  • 1443884060118.jpg
    1443884060118.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 358

CJW

Pretty hard not to seat the springs properly. Make sure there clocked correctly in the tab on the lower spring perch. If they're good, it's probably just the spring bowing a little. Since the springs are clocked 180 degrees from one another (side to side) they may be bowing slightly under load but in opposite directions of each other.

David1tontj

Is that common for them to bow ?

Taller, and softer springs tend to bow more than shorter, stiffer ones- but yes, it's fairly common to have them bow a little.

Edit- that's one reason coilovers are so great.. They can be tall and soft and not bow since they are wrapped around a shock.

Ant's JK

Just an update on the coil situation, the dealership claims the coil is defective since it's the only one misshapen. Can anyone confirm if that's a valid statement?

JAGS

Hooked
What size lift is that that they installed. Is it the restickered "mopar" lift or an actual brand.

As for the links/swaybar, couple things. 1) Your links are too short based on the pics. Also, 2) what control arms did you get up front. I'm guessing your front axle isnt set properly...which could be the cause of the bowing AND coils being too close.

Ant's JK

Yea my jeep came with the lift, they warranty it. It's an aev one and it's just one coil that's bowed out like that.

holy_crap

Hm. Take a look at where your lower control arms attach to the axle, AEV uses correction brackets, the installer may have missed one or installed it wrong.

Ant's JK

I'll definitely take a look at that. It's at the dealer now and I hopefully assume they will check all of that but if the problem doesn't get fixed I'll check that out and notify them.

Top Bottom