Adjusting stock front lower LCAs

Clark Collins

I don't know if the axle end lower control arm mounts on my Jeep are stock or not as I bought modified Rubi axles from another forum member last year. When I installed the axles I didn't notice that the bolt holes in the lower LCA mounts were slotted. Today I was checking the torque on these bolts and noticed slotted holes that look like they allow adjustment of the camber. I adjusted them so that the bolts are all the way to the back of the slot for maximum camber as in one of the attached photos. I have a leveling lift of 1 3/4" in the front and 3/4" in the rear. The other photo shows the bolt all the way to the front of the bracket, so you can see that quite a bit of adjustment is possible. In reading the do it yourself front end alignment post it indicates that only the toe in is adjustable.

Have my lower front LCA mounts been modified? Is something missing to hold the bolts in position or will torguing them to specs keep them in place?

DSCF2600 (800x450).jpg DSCF2601 (800x450).jpg

aldaman

It looks that way based on the pics. You could either get the camber bolts to make the adjustments if you don't have one already. However, the best fix/right way would be to get large washers and have that hole welded then purchase adjustable control arms...

Top Bottom