Rear Track bar guidance/question

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for looking at this. Photo below is taken while my Jeep is on a hoist with suspension hanging free. I just had a RK 3.5 Mid Arm X factor kit put on and the rear axle is a PR60. I took these as part of my build thread but when looking through my photos I noticed this and am concerned about the track bar proximity to the diff. This looks way too close. I'm trying to picture in my head how the bar would look on the ground and with the rear articulating and I think it may hit. Anyone have any experience with this combo or at last this lift?

rear track bar.jpg

2011jk

Hard to tell from your picture but looks like the bend is up not at the back so it would clear.

Or could it be the orentation of your axle track bar mount? Or the axle is pushed back more than 1"

I have a LA and a D80 and don't have clearance issues with the axle pushed back 1"

As kinda mentioned I think you have two things going on.

1. RK pushed the axle back a minimum of an inch. I've seen as much as two. So this makes the potential contact here worse.
2. RK usually suggests their track bar be bent up and not out like most other bars.

The only real way to know for sure is to pull the springs and stuff the axle fully.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
1. RK pushed the axle back a minimum of an inch. I've seen as much as two. So this makes the potential contact here worse.

This is the main reason I ditched my RK arms when I had them. It pushed my axle so far back when setting my pinion that my trackbar was stuck in between my coils. The "mini stretch" it gives is not worth it IMO and only makes it so you need to spend more money on parts you don't need.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah, and its so hard to visualize all of this with it sitting up on a lift. I'm going to have to cycle it through when I finally get it back
from the body shop. Worse case scenario I may have to throw the factory bar back on it. Hopefully that would be the most that I have to do. Surprised that the RK bar doesn't have the offset in it unless I'm worried about nothing...

Top Bottom