Detroit Locker users, how are yours handling???

jorgelrod

Hooked
I've had rear auto lockers when I had my WJ, but they were of the lunch box variety, I ran two No-slips on my rear Dana 35 because after 20-30K miles they would stop unlocking on corners and chirp which would drive me insane on parking lots and the like. After doing some reading I've come to learn that Complete carrier lockers like the detroit are better which is why I got a Detroit for the rear of the JK, and it's going in next week. I just wanted to get some feedback from current users of the Detroits as to how theirs are handling...

Tree Frog

I was advised against doing this on a newer JK as supposedly it will freak out the Traction control and ESC causing the Jeep to think you are in a slide and start applying the brakes and such.

I used to have a Detroit locker in the rear of my old CJ and it worked fine but these new JK's are a different story.

In no way am I any kind of an expert in this matter and don't claim to be. Hopefully somebody that knows a lot more about it than I do will chime in.

The advise came when I was looking for an answer to replace the crappy locker that died in my 2013 Rubicon. Ended up gong with an ARB air locker and Nitro axles. At this time they have wired the front factory locker to work with the ARB switches. Rear has to be on first. No lights on dash are displayed as the plunger switch was disconnected.

Would love to know if you can get it to work right. Kind of late now for me but good information for others.

croge17

every now and again with my yukon grizzly locker It will freak out the traction control and default to limp mode. Its about once a month and normally happens in tight parking lots. It automatically resets after turning the ignition off.

As far as traction and handling its a locker it does great for traction and I dont really notice it on road in my JKU

Top Bottom