EVO Enforcer and Rancho 7000 series Shocks

Clark Collins

I'm about to do it and want advice. I'm intending to get the Enforcer 3" lift and Rancho RS7000 series shocks. I will also get a JE Reel 1310 front drive shaft as I understand that an after market drive shaft is advised with this lift. I don't think the 1350 shaft is necessary as I would rather bust a drive shaft than the ring and pinion if I overdo it. Is that good thinking or not? I have RCV shafts so this plan will likely have the drive shaft as the weakest link.

I'm not planning on getting the drag link flip kit either. What exactly does that kit accomplish? I can get it later if necessary.

Has anyone had experience with the Rancho 7000 shocks on their JK? With a lift or without?

I will be seeking advice also from Northridge when I place my order, but wanted to see what advice I get here as well.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm about to do it and want advice. I'm intending to get the Enforcer 3" lift and Rancho RS7000 series shocks. I will also get a JE Reel 1310 front drive shaft as I understand that an after market drive shaft is advised with this lift. I don't think the 1350 shaft is necessary as I would rather bust a drive shaft than the ring and pinion if I overdo it. Is that good thinking or not? I have RCV shafts so this plan will likely have the drive shaft as the weakest link.

Assuming you are still running a Dana 30, your weakest link may still be your RCV shafts. Ask jnabird about how well his held out for him. If not that, your 5.13 pinion will be super small and it may still be a weaker link than your drive shaft. That being said, you should be okay with a 1310.

I'm not planning on getting the drag link flip kit either. What exactly does that kit accomplish? I can get it later if necessary.

It'll help correct your steering geometry and provide better handling while recentering your axle after installing your lift. You can add it at any time.

Has anyone had experience with the Rancho 7000 shocks on their JK? With a lift or without?

I have these installed on our XJ and found them to be quite nice. I personally like them better than adjustable 9000's.

I will be seeking advice also from Northridge when I place my order, but wanted to see what advice I get here as well.

Thanks!

LOL!! I will differ to Northridge when it comes to advice as I'm sure they will have your best interest in mind.

Clark Collins

Assuming you are still running a Dana 30, your weakest link may still be your RCV shafts. Ask jnabird about how well his held out for him. If not that, your 5.13 pinion will be super small and it may still be a weaker link than your drive shaft. That being said, you should be okay with a 1310.

I have the Rubi Dana 44 front axle so I think the 5.13 pinion will be larger than on a D30. Will the gears, drive shaft or the RCV shafts be the weakest link with this set up.

Thanks for the comments on the RS7000 shocks, that is helpful.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Rubi Dana 44 front axle so I think the 5.13 pinion will be larger than on a D30. Will the gears, drive shaft or the RCV shafts be the weakest link with this set up.

Honestly, I really hate to think of things in terms of "weakest links". If it were me, I try my hardest to upgrade everything I can, when I can to what I feel is the strongest setup. In other words, I would be looking at a 1350 drive shaft. Being that you have a rubi 44, your pinion will be fine and your shafts should hold up.

Clark Collins

It'll help correct your steering geometry and provide better handling while recentering your axle after installing your lift. You can add it at any time.

The adjustable lower control arms will correct the caster. What other steering geometry or handing issues does the drag link flip address?

Also, what should the caster be with this 3" lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The adjustable lower control arms will correct the caster. What other steering geometry or handing issues does the drag link flip address?

Yes, your adjustable lower control arms will allow you to set your caster but that has to do with your "suspension" NOT "steering". And, even at that, they will NOT correct your "suspension" geometry - only long arms can do that. A drag link flip will help reduce the angle of your track bar and drag link effectively bringing them back to where they were stock. This will help to improve how your Jeep handles and will help recenter your axle. Is this making sense to you?

Also, what should the caster be with this 3" lift?

You should have your caster set to about +4°

mds22

I have these installed on our XJ and found them to be quite nice. I personally like them better than adjustable 9000's.

Can I ask why? If you had to choose between the two today why the 7000 over the adj? I was about to order a set of 9000 so I would appreciate the feedback, just looking for advice. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can I ask why? If you had to choose between the two today why the 7000 over the adj? I was about to order a set of 9000 so I would appreciate the feedback, just looking for advice. Thanks

Don't get me wrong, the 9000's are great shocks and if anything, the 7000's ride a bit on the firm side but what I like about them is that the overall ride they offer is good and without having to adjust them every time I move from pavement to dirt and back again - something that I did do. Maybe if I had an in cab controller, it wouldn't be such a big deal but having to go under my Jeep and adjust them was kind of a pain.

mds22

Don't get me wrong, the 9000's are great shocks and if anything, the 7000's ride a bit on the firm side but what I like about them is that the overall ride they offer is good and without having to adjust them every time I move from pavement to dirt and back again - something that I did do. Maybe if I had an in cab controller, it wouldn't be such a big deal but having to go under my Jeep and adjust them was kind of a pain.

Thanks for the insight and opinion. Makes sense, but drove my buddy's jeep with them set at 2 all the way around and loved the feel. It's my dd & I'm only go off road 1 or 2 weekends per month so don't think it will be a pain.

CCTX50

By having to use the relocation brackets does this make the mounts weaker than the factory mounts? I'm in the same boat with thinking of going with the 9000.

Top Bottom