ILIKEDIRTs build!!

ilikedirt2011

Hey everyone starting my build on my 2nd jeep and figured i would start a build thread!

so about 2 months ago i went out and picked up a new 2015 jku sport! went with silver as i really wanted to keep the same color as my old jeep that was stolen!
IMG_2243.JPG

First mod was the Trucklite LED headlights! had them on the old jeep and the stock headlights were driving me nuts after only a couple days! These headlights are awesome and put out awesome light compared to stock!:thumb:
shortly after i grabbed a set of Dually Spots and threw those into the stock fog light location.
IMG_2524.JPG

Super excited to start my build i immediately began researching on the forum and reading up on upgrades!
wanted to gain as much info as i could so i didn't make the same mistake i did on my first build and just go to a 4 wheel parts and say that i want a lift and leave with a pretty terrible 4" pro comp lift! :grayno:

after reading up and talking to some people i decided to go with an EVO enforcer 3" with fox 2.0 shocks. No drag link flip or drive shaft as of yet.

So yesterday i got to install my lift with the help of 10frank9 :rock:!! well mostly me helping him as i don't have much wrenching experience...
super excited to start the build and have help from a forum member it was an awesome day of wrenching!! i learned a lot and we got everything done pretty quick and worked around a slight snag in the build.

see apparently im not good at reading the english language and didnt realize that it is not recomended but REQUIRED that you have aftermarket wheels or spacers to prevent rubbing on the rear swaybar links. :crazyeyes::doh:
so after we got everything installed and bolted on we were going over the work and noticed the rear sway bar links touching the tires... so we remove the sway bar links hoping this will solve the rubbing problem and we could just ziptie the swaybar up out of the way.
well the swaybar without links was still rubbing :gaah: so we were about to just pull the whole bar and then realized we could just rotate the bar to the rear and it would be out of the way. so after rotating it completely to the rear it was clear and not rubbing.
at first i was skeptical about not having a rear swaybar attached but it drives almost totally normal without it and i was fine to drive back home and had no issues.:beer:

this is how the rigs sitting now! looking funny with the lift on stock wheels and tires!
IMG_2520.JPG IMG_2515.JPG

would like to give 10frank9 a huge shoutout for all his help and letting me use his garage!! really appreciate everything!! :beer::thumb::thumb:

i also ordered some ATX ravine wheels IMG_2431.JPG which i have sitting waiting for my 35" toyo open country MT's which should be here later this week!

next up on my list of parts are:
AEV procal
1350 front driveshaft
EVO C gussets
sliders- still cant decide between EVO or LOD.:thinking:
CB radio set up

im thinking with the ^above^ additions i should be covered for some decent wheeling in the area

eventually adding
EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger
powerplant or zeon
rear bumper with carrier
and much more im sure

Still have alot more i want to do and add to the rig to make it more capable and ill keep you guys updated!

Sithwindu

You know your boy subbed!!! Lol glad to see you back in a jeep brotba, gotta get ready for next years trip!!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
A build thread? Atta boy. BTW the photos are fine on the app, just sideways on the computer.

Glad to help Josh, now you are a lift kit install pro. Tell 4WP you saved $1k and they can suck it. :thumb:

For the record, I see nothing wrong here:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444090367.583130.jpg
:cheesy:

Sithwindu

A build thread? Atta boy. BTW the photos are fine on the app, just sideways on the computer.

Glad to help Josh, now you are a lift kit install pro. Tell 4WP you saved $1k and they can suck it. :thumb:

For the record, I see nothing wrong here:
View attachment 168067
:cheesy:

Damn it was that bad!?! Explain that sidewall tear to discount tire lol

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Damn it was that bad!?! Explain that sidewall tear to discount tire lol

Yes, I spotted it while bleeding his brakes. Imagine him leaving for a test drive. :eek:

Lol yeah. The other side was still rubbing after we took the link off! And these are the stock tires still.
Should have the toyos late this week or early next

It's all good, the ol' flipped backwards sway bar never hurt anybody. Lol.

Last edited:

David1tontj

at first i was skeptical about not having a rear swaybar attached but it drives almost totally normal without it and i was fine to drive back home and had no issues.:beer:
!

I've found that it's pretty hard to notice your rear sway bar disconnected unless you have a lot of weight in the back of the jeep, or you are pulling a heavy trailer. Be careful if you do plan to haul.

Looks great!! (Will look much better when those 35s arrive)

ilikedirt2011

I've found that it's pretty hard to notice your rear sway bar disconnected unless you have a lot of weight in the back of the jeep, or you are pulling a heavy trailer. Be careful if you do plan to haul.

Looks great!! (Will look much better when those 35s arrive)

Thanks! :beer:

yeah its drives fine without it! really only notice it on tighter turns, but then again it could just be the new suspension being a bit softer than stock that im noticing. loving it so far! deffinitly a difference on the road going over bumps, dips and such!

and yeah i cant wait to get the tires! gona look wayyyy better when i toss those on, just waiting for the call from discount tire! :thumb:

David1tontj

Thanks! :beer:

yeah its drives fine without it! really only notice it on tighter turns, but then again it could just be the new suspension being a bit softer than stock that im noticing. loving it so far! deffinitly a difference on the road going over bumps, dips and such!

and yeah i cant wait to get the tires! gona look wayyyy better when i toss those on, just waiting for the call from discount tire! :thumb:

Yeah- you're probably noticing the fact that your jeep has been lifted more than the lack of sway bar.

ilikedirt2011

Got the call from discount tire today that my tires arrived. Went by there and got everything put on!
Super stoked with how the wheels and tires came out!
Looks awesome!!
35" toyo open country MT on ATX ravines
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444178489.430686.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444178529.266908.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444178543.185582.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom