Tail Gate Mounts for Accessories

tonytony9

I am looking for a mount(s) which attach to the stock tail gate and can hold things like a hi-lift jack, shovel, jerry can, etc... Most of this stuff is for pure looks as I know hi-lifts are often only used in extreme situations and can be pretty dangerous.

Right now I do not see myself purchasing an aftermarket rear bumper in the near future (most likely going with a front bumper first) so for now this may be a good deal.

Does anyone know of strong and safe mounts for doing this? I am aware that this can cause tail gate sagging but are there any mounts that help prevent this?

I saw this after a quick search: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-...l00_ContentPlaceHolder1_pDetail_pdf_Container

Thanks!

christiansen

These might be more than you're looking for, but you might want to take a look at the ORFab or Teraflex tire carriers. Both offer hi-lift mounts, jerry/rotopax can mounts and the ability to carry a larger tire without the need for a rear bumper.

tonytony9

These might be more than you're looking for, but you might want to take a look at the ORFab or Teraflex tire carriers. Both offer hi-lift mounts, jerry/rotopax can mounts and the ability to carry a larger tire without the need for a rear bumper.

Heard there has been a lot of problems with those cracking. And for $400 it almost makes sense to just invest in a new back bumper. Thank you for the suggestion though.

whtwlkr

HD Tire Carriers

The tire carries, i.e. Teraflex HD (I have), are made to take the weight off the tail gate to prevent the tailgate/tire carrier failures when mounting larger tires... they are very stout.. the teraflex one has mounting holes in it for accessories... right now I have my antenna mounted there, but there are roto pack and jack mounts for those mount points too... :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

Welcome to Wayalife :standing wave:

The tire carries, i.e. Teraflex HD (I have), are made to take the weight off the tail gate to prevent the tailgate/tire carrier failures when mounting larger tires... they are very stout.. the teraflex one has mounting holes in it for accessories... right now I have my antenna mounted there, but there are roto pack and jack mounts for those mount points too... :thumb:

You might want to go through this thread and a few others before investing in a BOMB.http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break&highlight=teraflex+hinge

EVO had a highlift mount similar to the posted link one.

Hohertz

Here is an option to consider for mounting your hi-lift. I have my hi-lift installed here and have no complaints. Bought the rubber handle isolator (to keep it quiet) and it keeps the hi-lift out of the elements.
https://jeepswag.com/jackmount/index.html

I've also done this with the interior of my tailgate:
083f9d2d19b600850c95e7f6cf39d53d.jpg

Top Bottom