Third Brake Light Replacement? In-Pro Car Wear LED3-420C?

tonytony9

I currently have a third brake light with my ORO License plate light which is attached to my rock hard license plate relocation. I would like to get rid of the brake light which sits over the tire and replace it with a LED which will be used when the jk is put in reverse and with a switch.

I found this online http://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_095X_A_PG.htm but it is $130. Does anyone know of any cheaper ways of doing this? I would like to utilize the third brake light location and not mount the led anywhere else. So if I could just buy an led to fit into the third brake light compartment that would also work. Something around those lines.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just to make sure I'm straight here, you're wanting to take the stock 3rd brake and convert it to a white light that turns on in reverse on the cheap?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Completely forgot I already had a thread. My fault.

But yes thats what I am trying to do. I think the current reverse lights are horrible but would rather not spend a fortune on LED taillights. Would rather spend on headlights & new front bumper.

Double thread aside, yes it should be doable on the cheap, but really hard to say how difficult it is without destroying my 3rd brake light. LEDs are cheap obviously, and wiring them to your backup light is pretty simple. The truth of the matter is you're just going to have to try and take it apart cleanly and if you can do that then it should be no biggie to do this.

Top Bottom