coil springs questions

enemec1

i have a rough country 3.25" lift. (I know) but it has been good to me no complaints here. my question is if i upgrade springs only at this time can i go with 4" spring to counter act the sag from the weight of the aftermarket additions to the jeep? if so give me some good recomendations for new springs. my daily driver and occasional off roading.looking for some help thanks.

JAGS

Hooked
i have a rough country 3.25" lift. (I know) but it has been good to me no complaints here. my question is if i upgrade springs only at this time can i go with 4" spring to counter act the sag from the weight of the aftermarket additions to the jeep? if so give me some good recomendations for new springs. my daily driver and occasional off roading.looking for some help thanks.

What size tires do you have and do you already have an aftermarket front driveshaft?

JAGS

Hooked
35" tires and factory drive shaft still.

If you go 4" you'll need/want to get a new DS. I run the 4" EVO plush ride and they are as or slightly softer than stock. No body roll or other issues. 4" is pretty high for 35s though.

I've also heard good things about the rancho coils. Most of the others are reported to run stiff and/or MUCH taller advertised.

Edit: you will also want to address steering geometry and you front lower control arms at 4"+.

enemec1

If you go 4" you'll need/want to get a new DS. I run the 4" EVO plush ride and they are as or slightly softer than stock. No body roll or other issues. 4" is pretty high for 35s though.

I've also heard good things about the rancho coils. Most of the others are reported to run stiff and/or MUCH taller advertised.

Edit: you will also want to address steering geometry and you front lower control arms at 4"+.

i should just go with the 3" springs thank? i was just looking to compincate for the sag from the weight of the bumpers , winch and armour.

JAGS

Hooked
i should just go with the 3" springs thank? i was just looking to compincate for the sag from the weight of the bumpers , winch and armour.

Can't speak for all, but the EVO coils see minimal sag. They do sag when completely loaded with gear and passengers for a trail run. But as a daily driver, I'm also looking at how it rides when not on the trail.

CJW

Evo plush rides are designed to get the advertised lift after armor and accessories are added.

enemec1

Evo plush rides are designed to get the advertised lift after armor and accessories are added.

That's good to know. So I will probably swap them out soon than next will be struts. Any suggestions on them.

Jags is right. The 4" is too much for 35s. I'm running the 3" with cut fenders and could mount 37s. Coils ride amazing

Edit: imo^^^^^

Last edited:
I want the 3" plush rides, and maybe ranchos, is there anything else I NEED

With a 2door you'll see more gained lift, so you will NEED a front driveshaft. Maybe a rear too, but a 2door guy will have to verify. To do it right, you should look at the EVO enforcer kit, as it comes with the adjustable lca's and some other important parts.

CJW

That's good to know. So I will probably swap them out soon than next will be struts. Any suggestions on them.

Suggestions for shocks? Get the Kings if you can afford them. They work excellent and are rebuildable. Plush rides are soft so you need a good shock designed to control them.

JAGS

Hooked

Honestly, get what your budget will allow. If that means KINGs, go for it, you will not be disappointed. I'm running the king 2.5, only because most of the folks I wheel with have COs or DTDs and I wanted/needed a high quality shock to keep up as best I could with those guys.

I've also seen and wheeled with folks running some bilstein 51s or the ranchos 7000/9000 paired with the plush rides. All were happy too.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I ran the 3" plush with 5100s. It was a good ride, but feel it could have used a better valved shock for the springs, then again on a 2 door I feel its different. I would try the rancho tho, seems to be guys are more happy with them.

Top Bottom