Dome light help!

five5select

I'm fairly new to the Jeep stuff so go easy on me. :)

I'll start by saying I have an '07 JKU. I took the doors off for a few days, and when I put them back on, the overhead light in the sound bar no longer turns on.

I have double checked all the plug connectors to the doors. I looked at the fuses under the hood, but didn't see anything that looked as if it would go to the soundbar/light.. I'm stumped, am I missing something?

WJCO

Meme King
Being that problem started when doors were off, I would check the ground circuit at the bulb socket itself. While you're at it, ohm-test the bulb to make sure it's good just in case coincidentally it failed at the same time. If those check ok, you'll have to pinpoint why there is no power at the light and find the open circuit. Go through any heavy water while the doors were off?

five5select

Being that problem started when doors were off, I would check the ground circuit at the bulb socket itself. While you're at it, ohm-test the bulb to make sure it's good just in case coincidentally it failed at the same time. If those check ok, you'll have to pinpoint why there is no power at the light and find the open circuit. Go through any heavy water while the doors were off?

Didn't go through any water, but I will check the circuit in the morning. Thanks!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Not yet, only because I didn't want to spend money if their was an easier fix. Like if I was overlooking something I didn't know about.

It's a <$5 part. This is the first and easiest thing you should check. If you don't want s spare than spend a few more bucks and upgrade to an led.

five5select

It's a <$5 part. This is the first and easiest thing you should check. If you don't want s spare than spend a few more bucks and upgrade to an led.

Lol sorry had to. But yea I got that, but like I said, didn't know if I was overlooking something that was "jeep specific" since it happened when I removed the doors.

Attachments

• 1444315858222.jpg
    1444315858222.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom