2015 TPMS help

TankSlayerMD

Hello
I have searched this topic and see a lot of info on tpms sensors but nothing specific to my situation. My issue is I ordered new tires and rims with new sensors but the sensor light won't go out. I've taken it to 3 tire shops and had them reset the sensors with their tool because that's what tread depot.com ( the place I bought the wheels and tires) but it still won't reset. They tell me the sensors are fine. I've aired up. Aired down. Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes etc. I'm avoiding taking it to the dealer because they already quoted me 125$ just to look at it so I wanted to see if any of you have any advice or solutions. I do have a procal and I can disable them but i wanted to try and fix it first. If I gotta take it to the dealer I will but that's gonna be my last possible resource. The sensors are on a 2015 jku rubicon. Thanks for any advice.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Every time I air up it takes a very long time for the light to go out. Last time I went to Moab it was more than 150mi. on I-70 before the TPMS light extinguished. I'd say to give it a few hours of run time and see what happens. Good luck!

jknit

I had a dealer do all my installs (they stand by their work and have an offroad department associated w them) and as I drove the jeep away for the first
Time the sensor light came on and I got an error message. Bringing it back tomorrow for them to check it all out, I'll let you know what they outcome is. All diagnostics etc are covered by them
So I'll try and get as much info as I can from them as they sort it out to see if I can help get you an answer that won't cost you 125

TankSlayerMD

The sensors show the correct pressure of the tires but the light still won't go out. I've been driving it for a good 150 to 200 miles and still nothing. Yeah any info you find jknit would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

tsalani

What pressures is the light set to come on? And what pressure does the gauge currently display?

jknit

My problem was that the distributor the dealer ordered the parts through installed the wrong TPMS, sorry I cant be better help.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The sensors show the correct pressure of the tires but the light still won't go out. I've been driving it for a good 150 to 200 miles and still nothing. Yeah any info you find jknit would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

If you don't have one already, I'd get an AEV procal and disable the TPMS. The light will go out after that.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I believe the light will stay lit until the pressures are above 37. My light seems to reset around 37 and comes on around 31ish. Worth a shot to run em at 40 for a few miles and see if the light goes out then deflate to your normal running pressure.

tsalani

On my 2015 I can not disable TPMS with the AEV Procal but I could set the pressure to 0. The light doesn't come on anymore however when I start the car the menu always displays that my tires are set to 0 first. Not 100 percent ideal but better than that flashing light.

TankSlayerMD

On my 2015 I can not disable TPMS with the AEV Procal but I could set the pressure to 0. The light doesn't come on anymore however when I start the car the menu always displays that my tires are set to 0 first. Not 100 percent ideal but better than that flashing light.

Yeah this will probably be my final solution too. I might take it to the dealership eventually but out of principal I don't want to line their pockets of anymore of my hard earned money. I appreciate all the responses. If I do ever figure it out I'll be sure to post what actually fixes it.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Ever since I got new wheels and tires with new sensors I've had this problem. And the dealer couldn't solve it. The problem I have is the system isn't sure which sensor is which.

Try airing one tire down, then watch your pressure readings. Mine sometimes flip left / right. That's why I get the alarm. I've had this problem for almost 3 years. I just gave up and set it to 0 with the Procal.

Dave

1037CHASE

I had the same issue with my TPMS I ordered my wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct , and luckily they just sent me to my local Discount Tire to fix the issue. After 3 months of trying to fix the issue, ordering new sensors etc. I had my OEM wheels and tires and just took them up to Discount Tire and had them take out their sensors I bought with the tires, and they installed the OEM sensors. I got a refund for the sensors I purchased from them, and I have had no issues since. They were fantastic to work with and I will always buy my tires from Discount from now on. Sorry, it's not much help but if you still have the original sensors it may be worth it to have them installed in the new wheels/tires.

Last edited:

TankSlayerMD

I had the same issue with my TPMS I ordered my wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct , and luckily they just sent me to my local Discount Tire to fix the issue. After 3 months of trying to fix the issue, ordering new sensors etc. I had my OEM wheels and tires and just took them up to Discount Tire and had them take out their sensors I bought with the tires, and they installed the OEM sensors. I got a refund for the sensors I purchased from them, and I have had no issues since. They were fantastic to work with and I will always buy my tires from Discount from now on. Sorry, it's not much help but if you still have the original sensors it may be worth it to have them installed in the new wheels/tires.

Yeah I do have the original tires. This sounds like a good solution as well. Thanks.

Top Bottom