Rubicon Express Short Arm Super Flex Kit

flectarn

I walked a fine line between butting in on another user's post and asking a question that is potentially already answered, but this comment aroused my curiosity:

Basically don't drink the Trans America Kool aid, they will tell you what you want to hear to make the sale, there are a lot better options for the same money maybe a little more out there, with much better service.

I am having a friend order me RE Super Flex Short Arm kit for my JK, primarily because he seems to like them and he is giving me cost on the kit. However his job is to sell, install, and maintain the parts as opposed to others who actually use the parts on a frequent basis. And in my field, I know the enthusiast can be a lot more knowledgeable on subject matter in comparison who uses a certain product for work. That being said, it seems like a fair amount of individuals on this forum aren't particularly fond of Rubicon Express parts for one reason or another.

So I would like to hear your suggestions for a kit that is comparable to this : http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspe...ks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R/ERE7123 . But is a better option, as Munstie suggests.

Thanks all!

I don't necessarily think people dislike the RE they are just stating their opinion that there is a better kit out there. For a price of course. I actually have the kit you're asking about and I feel for what I'm going to use it for it works better than expected. I really like it, much better ride than stock. Do I think there are other brands better....Yes of course. But you have to do what is right for you. For me is was spending a little less and buying the RE. I had to piece it together to make it the SuperFlex but that is how I saved for it. At some point down the road I may switch to something else but for now I'm very happy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The RE kit you're looking at is a complete kit and it works well enough. The only real problem I have ever seen with it is in the front track bar - not enough bends, ends up hitting diff and is prone to bending. These are things I have seen happen with my own eyes. While all the extra components are nice to have, they're far from necessary and you can really get a good kit with fewer components, at a better price and it still work great... maybe even provide a better ride. I think a lot of people hear just have a bad taste in their mouths when it comes to 4WheelParts - the owners of RE.

flectarn

Nice, that's good to hear from both of you.

While all the extra components are nice to have, they're far from necessary and you can really get a good kit with fewer components, at a better price and it still work great... maybe even provide a better ride.

So the track bar will need to be replaced sooner than later. As far as the section I quoted, do you by chance have any recommendations on kits that achieve what you suggested above? Would be great to check out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, that's good to hear from both of you.

So the track bar will need to be replaced sooner than later. As far as the section I quoted, do you by chance have any recommendations on kits that achieve what you suggested above? Would be great to check out.

How big of a tire are you hoping to run? Is the RE kit about the budget you have to work with?

Wethy

i have the RE 2.5, so i dont have experience with the flex arms or anything like that. but the rides decent and so far it works well Offroad even without the arms. but since everyone here likes evo and all northridge has the 3" 35" tire spec'd pakage for about 1300 and you could get bilstein 5100s and a drag link flip for around 1900. maybe not in your price range another option. ride is subjective though and everyone thinks differently. but another option for you. just some food for thought

Edit.
i like the ride on my RE kit. and havent had any issues at all with it. and install went easy and everything the fit the way it should. and no post lift issues or anything like that.
noticed the RE kit comes with all arms the enforcer only comes with front lowers.

Last edited:

noroad

I have RE not really the best joints out there, but ok. As said the track bar in the front hits the cover when she is stuffing it up there!

munstie

I walked a fine line between butting in on another user's post and asking a question that is potentially already answered, but this comment aroused my curiosity:

I am having a friend order me RE Super Flex Short Arm kit for my JK, primarily because he seems to like them and he is giving me cost on the kit. However his job is to sell, install, and maintain the parts as opposed to others who actually use the parts on a frequent basis. And in my field, I know the enthusiast can be a lot more knowledgeable on subject matter in comparison who uses a certain product for work. That being said, it seems like a fair amount of individuals on this forum aren't particularly fond of Rubicon Express parts for one reason or another.

So I would like to hear your suggestions for a kit that is comparable to this : http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspe...ks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R/ERE7123 . But is a better option, as Munstie suggests.

Thanks all!

It is true I do dislike Trans America mainly because of service issues. After my install and talking with others everything they told me to look out for has happened main one bushings, mainly because radius arms don't like to flex. Second the ride out of the box was comparable to stock but over the course of the past 20,000 to 25,000 miles the ride has deteriorated substantially, to the point that people who don't regularly ride in my jeep have commented on the difference in the ride verse new. As far as other comparable kits I really can't help you there as I have not looked up the kit you are looking at and what would be comparable to it. You are however asking the right questions to the right audience of people as there knowledge will help you quite a bit. And some may even have first hand experience with comparable lifts.

jkfern27

I have the kit that that you are asking about and at first I did like it because I didn't know any better. Yes it's tempting to get it because it is a complete kit and it's fairly cheap compared to some other kits but now that I have had for almost 3 years I realized that I made a mistake on getting it. I have ridden in jeeps with RK kits and Evo plush kits and the difference is night and day compared to the RE. For the RE springs to ride smooth the jeep has to be really heavy but like some one said before this is just my opinion and I can't wait till the day that I update my suspension for something completely different

flectarn

I have the kit that that you are asking about and at first I did like it because I didn't know any better. Yes it's tempting to get it because it is a complete kit and it's fairly cheap compared to some other kits but now that I have had for almost 3 years I realized that I made a mistake on getting it. I have ridden in jeeps with RK kits and Evo plush kits and the difference is night and day compared to the RE. For the RE springs to ride smooth the jeep has to be really heavy but like some one said before this is just my opinion and I can't wait till the day that I update my suspension for something completely different

Interesting. The end goal in mind is front and rear bumpers, a Gobi rack, and then winches, lights, etc. That probably adds 500 or so pounds to the vehicle.

CastleRockJeep

I had an RE kit on my XJ. I liked it everything seemed pretty solid. I say if you're getting a great price, why not try it.

flectarn

A few options I am looking at.

1. http://jksmfg.com/i-20697409-jspec-...2015-wrangler-jk-4dr.html#wsm-prod-tab-review

JKS 3.5 Lift, seems like a complete lift for the most part. And I dig that it does come with reputable shocks. I did read a review where someone felt like it was missing some items.

2. http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

Evo Enforcer lift. It seems like a EVO is the choice for a lot of WAYALIFE'ers and the plush coils are quite sought after.

And really, I can sit here and rattle off lifts all day. However the issue is that these kits all seem to include differentiating items, and I really don't know what to look for.

jkfern27

Yea my jeep is fairly light but when I have loaded it before it does ride smoother. I have never had issues with the kit, I just think the ride is super harsh compared to other kits that I have ridden on around the same price range. If I had a chance to do it again I would've definitely gone another route

jkfern27

A few options I am looking at.

1. http://jksmfg.com/i-20697409-jspec-...2015-wrangler-jk-4dr.html#wsm-prod-tab-review

JKS 3.5 Lift, seems like a complete lift for the most part. And I dig that it does come with reputable shocks. I did read a review where someone felt like it was missing some items.

2. http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

Evo Enforcer lift. It seems like a EVO is the choice for a lot of WAYALIFE'ers and the plush coils are quite sought after.

And really, I can sit here and rattle off lifts all day. However the issue is that these kits all seem to include differentiating items, and I really don't know what to look for.

You need to choose your kit on the style off wheeling that you do

flectarn

I have 35 inch tires that are going to go on the JK. As far as what types of wheeling, I really don't have a specified answer because I have never really ventured into this before. I would like to really experiment with this vehicle and see what kind of runs I am into. And with Ocotillo Wells and Glamis not terrible far from where I am, hauling a** through the desert sounds appealing as well.

I suppose for all intents and purposes, a "general purpose" (No such thing I am sure, but you get the drift) would be the most suitable. I would wait a while and give it some more time as well, however this JK will be used for advertising for my shop so I'd like to do it up to draw more attention.

Edit: This is also going to be a daily driver, if that has any factor in anything.

Last edited:

munstie

I would also recommend gussets for your front c's . And as far as the two kits you have listed hopefully someone who has these lofts will respond. I believe there is a rancho kit that Eddie spoke highly of as well may be another option for you. I am guessing you are looking to stick around 1500.00 for your lift.

Last edited:

munstie

If it was between these two I would go with the Evo kit . Simply because it gives you the ability to adjust your front pinion angle versus the relocation brackets.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I really wish this came up a week later than it has because I could offer you a back to back comparison between the RE kit you're talking about and one made by RK.
I had the RE kit for a year and a half and honestly was very unhappy with the quality of street ride. So much so that when an opportunity to switch the kit came about I jumped at the chance.
The first thing I noticed when I got the kit was how much more the RK arms weighed. Out of curiosity I weighed every component and found that the RK arms weighed twice what the RE arms did.
I understand that weight alone doesn't indicate quality, but you can see the difference as well as feel it. My Jeep's been in the shop for 6 weeks now (accident, new frame) and its supposed to be done next week.
When I get it back I can offer my honest opinion between the two. Not sure how soon you're gonna pull the trigger

Top Bottom