Need some diagnosis help (with pics, 911!!)

jknit

So the jeep build is brand new, just took it
Home last week, it's already gone back to the shop and it's still not fixed. There is a rubbing/grinding noise when my wheel is fully turned to the right, and based on these pictures it's my tie Rod coming into contact with something. Clearly either my trackbar bracket isn't installed properly, or my tie Rod isn't installed properly because if feel like the 2 shouldn't be this close and certainly shouldn't be coming in contact. They mentioned something about the synergy instructions not showing you had to remove the factory trackbar bracket before installing the synergy, and that they were going to trim some of the factory bracket off. If something isn't installed properly and is causing the rubbing, I don't want bandaids I want them to take it apart and fix it. B please let me know if something looks off to you. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444348688.003356.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444348703.591459.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444348717.546617.jpg

Please add more pictures of the tie rod at the ends and I wouldn't mind seeing it at the differential.

Edit to add: you shouldn't have had to remove any of the factory bracket. The Synergy bracket is not strong enough by itself and relies on being bolted to the factory bracket.

Last edited:

munstie

Is it possible the elbows on the tie rod ends are facing the wrong way , would make sense considering how close it is to the bottom of the trackbar bracket.

Is it possible the elbows on the tie rod ends are facing the wrong way , would make sense considering how close it is to the bottom of the trackbar bracket.

That's what I'm thinking too. Thus my asking for the additional pics. If it is I'd imagine its hitting the diff when turning too.

From the top. All Synergy parts. I am definitely thinking the tie rod is on wrong.... Which means the shop people are dumb asses.

Attachments

• 1444349776302.jpg
    1444349776302.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 253

munstie

From the top. All Synergy parts. I am definitely thinking the tie rod is on wrong.... Which means the shop people are dumb asses.

Would have to agree, did this place not test drive or check clearance before sending it out the door,unreal

jknit

Would have to agree, did this place not test drive or check clearance before sending it out the door,unreal

Yea I was pretty upset by that as well, I'd rather it stay there for a week extra with them than have to continue to take it back...wasn't a cheap build either

It's still tough for me to tell with certainty. The tie rod should have slightly bent ends. Those bends kick the bar out in front of the axle. Make sure they are not set to kick it in toward the axle.

It kinda' looks like you have a straight tie rod if that's the case you have the wrong one.

jknit

I'm not here to trash the place that did it because they're good guys (I know that doesn't matter much when it's my money put into it). But as of right now
I don't want to drag their names through the mud

jknit

It's still tough for me to tell with certainty. The tie rod should have slightly bent ends. Those bends kick the bar out in front of the axle. Make sure they are not set to kick it in toward the axle.

It kinda' looks like you have a straight tie rod if that's the case you have the wrong one.

How about these?

Looks to me like the tie Rod is completely straight

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444352615.624888.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444352641.401233.jpg

jknit

Unbelievable. What would this tie Rod before a TJ? Because it's universal between the 2 door and 4 door right?

munstie

They can swap out the ends it could very well be the correct tie rod just wrong ends,or vice versa

Last edited:

jknit

Shouldn't the correct tie Rod ends have come from synergy? I wonder if it means they used stock tie Rod ends as a short cut, so the wouldn't have to do the drilling you have to do to install the synergy ends?

Top Bottom