Cam shaft position sensor and trac light HELP🏻

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok need some help, my jeep has a code P0390 "cam shaft position sensor " ok so I ordered a new sensor and showed up today. I replaced it this evening but my jeep still shows the engine light. I tired to clear code with reader once I turn and started engine light came back. Then I tired to remove neg cable on battery and touched the positive side of battery for 25sec turned key off. Waited few minutes then restarted my jeep after a few seconds light came back[emoji33][emoji53][emoji31] is there a chance I need to drive it some for light to clear? Has anyone had this issue or and help would be great!!! Thank you, also my traction light is on but no code in computer saying there is s problem hope some one can help get frustrated and stressed out over it.[emoji20]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Typically with any code, I disconnect the neg battery and leave it off for at least half an hour but, that being said, yes, there are some codes that you do need to drive for a bit in order for it to clear. I would try doing that. If that doesn't help, there might be something more going on.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Typically with any code, I disconnect the neg battery and leave it off for at least half an hour but, that being said, yes, there are some codes that you do need to drive for a bit in order for it to clear. I would try doing that. If that doesn't help, there might be something more going on.

Hi EDDIE thank you for the help I took neg cable off touched the positive for 25 sec then left the neg cable all night but didn't clear[emoji37][emoji375] going to try driving it to see if it clears. I don't have any power issues or rough idle that I thought I should [emoji33] I will keep you posted if clears or other problems found[emoji106]🏻

jeeeep

Hooked
when you touched pos to neg I'm guessing your also removed the pos?

if not, remove both cables touch them together wait at least 15 min then reinstall.

your system will relearn as you drive it and the code should clear.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
when you touched pos to neg I'm guessing your also removed the pos?

if not, remove both cables touch them together wait at least 15 min then reinstall.

your system will relearn as you drive it and the code should clear.

Oh[emoji37][emoji375] I will do that thank you I didn't take positive side of[emoji31][emoji375][emoji31][emoji375][emoji31][emoji53][emoji106]🏻

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Well tried everything I can think of with no success[emoji31] looks light I am going to drop off a deal Wednesday.[emoji100][emoji379] Camshaft sensor are both replaced and light will no clear tried code reader to clear, disconnected the battery touched cables together left cables off for hours. The traction control light is still on as well I hope with alignment it will solve that problem........ My wife said I should look in to buy a new Rubicon sense we are going to need a new car soon and she doesn't want to get ridge of hers yet[emoji33][emoji106]🏻[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Top Bottom