Smittbuilt XRC 8

robertoloco

Anybody had a problem with your winch popping out of locked position going into free spool when trying to pull under load?I bought my jeep earlier this year and it has a Smittybuilt XRC.8 winch.Pretty sure it's a later model winch.Could it be a broken spring inside?

Speeddmn

Mine didnt pop out if lock, instead the cast metal housing snapped in pieces. So i threw the entire assembly into the trash.

Black Beaver

I had one on my TJ. The lever got stuck and would not move into free spool. Then the motor started dying free a few pulls.

hogtyed

Common problem with Shitty Built I have to hold my lever to keep it engaged most of the time.
:gaah:

robertoloco

Common problem with Shitty Built I have to hold my lever to keep it engaged most of the time.
:gaah:

I thought it might,so if I contact Smittybuilt they should know how much it will cost to fix it.I won't spend much on it though. Thanks for the reply.

CarolinaJK

My buddy just bought a jeep with a XRC 8 already installed and of course it doesn't work at all. Apparently this is pretty common [emoji23]

TLC Offroad

Hence the name ( Shitty Built ) a few of their products may be OK but stay away from the Winches.......Buy Quality and don't look back. Being stranded in the middle of no where is more costly then a Good Winch:thumb:

Top Bottom