Rubicon Axles in Non-rubicon Help

Petromotion

I have the opportunity to get a set of Rubicon axles for $2k. 5.13 gears with factory lockers, Artec trusses, already tabbed for DTD. The questions I have are, how big of a deal is it to get the factory lockers to work without the stock wiring? And are 5.13 too much for a DD on 35s with a 3.6?

My plan was to just get a front PR44 in a few months and re-gear to 4.88s. Any opinions on what would be best.

seanb123

I have the opportunity to get a set of Rubicon axles for $2k. 5.13 gears with factory lockers, Artec trusses, already tabbed for DTD. The questions I have are, how big of a deal is it to get the factory lockers to work without the stock wiring? And are 5.13 too much for a DD on 35s with a 3.6?

My plan was to just get a front PR44 in a few months and re-gear to 4.88s. Any opinions on what would be best.

My question is are you planning for Dtd cuz some speed and that axle will bend In no time

Last edited:

seanb123

I can watch the speed for now. I don't do too much that too crazy.

Already have the DTD just need to finally upgrade the axles.

I get that but a 2k band aid with a locker that has been known to fail seams like a bad choice. It's your money so spend it how you like I just think if I was in the situation I would be buying for the long run.

jedg

Yeah they can be wired without the harness. The little plug is the locker actuator and the big plug is the locker indicator. I wired mine so that I have a safety switch and then the locker switches. This way the dog or kids or me can't bump one and activate a locker while I'm doing 70mph.

EDIT - Like the others have said... If I had that kind of coin in the suspension, I'd be using stronger axles though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom