2010 JKU Rubicon radio/nav touchscreen

mcw*402

The touchscreen on the radio/nav is messed up.....most of the time it's inoperable. The display for the radio changes randomly usually displaying random words instead of the stations call letters. The radio plays fine and doesn't change stations without using the manual controls.....can the touch screen be replaced or do I have to replace the whole unit?

Here's an example of what it does

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444614516.648458.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444614578.305678.jpg

There isn't any stations around here called " used to" or "dirty" lol

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
My screen did the same thing with the peeling film. Mine does occasionally ghost change between stations. Sometimes it also takes a minute to turn on too. The weird names for stations is what gets me because that information is broadcasted with the signal and I don't know how it could get that mixed up. I would look in to a aftermarket head unit because you can get some nicer newer futures and more up to date navigation.

mcw*402

I'm clueless as to what would cause the weird names.....I've thought about going aftermarket. There are some really nice units out there.....but I'm a few days away from putting it up for sale and I really don't want to dump that money into it.....id hoped I could just replace the screen but I figure it's much more than just the screen.....thanks for the info

mds22

When I broke my screen I mailed it to a guy to replace. It cost around $250. I think I found him on eBay not sure. I should have just upgraded to an aftermarket

Top Bottom